Average pull from a sticker machine?

Zeusophobia

Sorry for this noob question. I scoured the forum for quite  a while thinking this had probably been asked before. Apparently it hasn't.

Anyways, my game plan is to get some 4 column sticker machines into medical pediatric places. You know, where candy and gum are frowned upon.

Obviously the $7/head figure is seriously low for a sticker machine. From what I've been reading on here is that they have all the benefits of a toy machine plus people spend more on them.

I've already ordered my first machine and I was kind of wondering the ball park on what these things can produce.

1 hour ago, vendtex said:

Medical places often give out stickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do make a great point. I was doing some reading and these things seem to do well in gas stations. I just don't see many gas station owners allowing something to take up floor space that doesn't make them money.

13 minutes ago, Zeusophobia said:

You do make a great point. I was doing some reading and these things seem to do well in gas stations. I just don't see many gas station owners allowing something to take up floor space that doesn't make them money.

You're more than likely going to have to offer a commission with a sticker machine.

17 hours ago, Zeusophobia said:

Sorry for this noob question. I scoured the forum for quite  a while thinking this had probably been asked before. Apparently it hasn't.

Anyways, my game plan is to get some 4 column sticker machines into medical pediatric places. You know, where candy and gum are frowned upon.

Obviously the $7/head figure is seriously low for a sticker machine. From what I've been reading on here is that they have all the benefits of a toy machine plus people spend more on them.

I've already ordered my first machine and I was kind of wondering the ball park on what these things can produce.

Might not be a bad idea about medical places. I had a doctor contact me wanting to buy a capsule machine for his office. 

I recently saw a uturn 8 head in a dentist office with all toys. It was in the back, so only patients would see it. Sort of a strange idea, since dentist's aren't cheap, last thing I'd want is to have to buy my kids a toy after taking them to the dentist. But it's also sort of a treat I guess.

2 hours ago, Zeusophobia said:

You think I could hook them on at 10-15% or should I start off at 20

20% is the absolute lowest I would pitch, but it's very rare to find a good location that will accept such a low rate.  You're more likely to get it in as charity or around 30% commission.  Stickers/tattoos still have plenty of margin for everyone at 30%.  For a 4 column machine, you should be doing at least $50/month, which is still pretty low.

6 hours ago, Zeusophobia said:

If you try medical offices, it may be more acceptable to do it as a charity.  Depending on your state many doctors don't own their own practice so the decision maker may be some office manager.  But often hospitals own practices so a pitch could be donations to their woman's auxiliary or whatever fundraising committee the hospital might have.  It's possible you'd get the corporate policy obstacle but if location is more rural maybe not.  It may also help to reassure them that you have insurance for any liability regarding the machines and products (assuming that is the case).  

On another note, I pulled $80.50 out of a triple in our medical office today for one month (skittles, PMM, gumballs)

20% is the absolute lowest I would pitch, but it's very rare to find a good location that will accept such a low rate.  You're more likely to get it in as charity or around 30% commission.  Stickers/tattoos still have plenty of margin for everyone at 30%.  For a 4 column machine, you should be doing at least $50/month, which is still pretty low.

Not even my best place does 50 a month, and it's the only machine there! I pull 30.00 to 45.00 every two months, but not 50!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Archived