Interested in Buying a Route

Route is a chain hotel. Gross is 18k. 4 third party coke machines and 2 snack machines. Snack machines probably cost around 3500.

He is asking 10k. Is this worth it?

I verified gross sale of 4 drink machines. No contract with location and no commission.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said route, is this more than one hotel?  Or is all equipment on one property?  About how many rooms and what type of property (highway, business, vacation, extended stay)?  Will you have any issues with coke letting you take over the equipment?  How long has he been there (in other words, do they have a history of changing vendors a lot)? 

I apologize. It's not a route. It's an account, one hotel. 90 rooms. All machines are placed in this hotel. Highway but 6 miles to downtown and airport. Not a extended stay hotel. Coke will let me take over equipment. Great area traffic wise. Austin also is growing fast. 2 to 3 years old hotel. Current operator is probably the first vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they have too many machines but the property probably wants machines on multiple floor.  Based on 18 gross each machine is only averaging 250 a month.... it would take extra time to service, and may have too many stales in the snack machines if the operator isn't paying attention.  Did the seller give a reason for selling?  9K tops, that would be 6 months sales, if you could verify all of his numbers.  I would go lower if the numbers were soft....

If a seller wouldn't disclose what type of equipment it was, I would assume the seller doesn't know, doesn't care, or doesn't want you to know.  Imagine someone trying to sell a car.  You ask what the make and model is and what kind of condition it's in and the seller kinda pushes you away claiming that you're asking too many questions.

It's not your fault.  Either something was wrong or he was not a 'serious" seller.  It may have been a legit deal, but not disclosing relevant information tells me that the seller isn't "serious."

Archived