SG200. From Water Tank TO Main Water

kra3y

Hi,

I have a SG200 already hooked up to the water tank below and now wish to use the mains water.

I have all the connections ready BUT unsure how to change the pumps or programming.

Any help would be great,,

Thanks,

kra3y

The switching to potable domestic water is fairly easy. You have four wires that go down into the base of Saeco SG200. One set is for dregs waste water float and other set goes to pump.

You remove the two pump wires and bring back up to top section. You land these two wires onto the two tabs on inlet water solenoid. 

Upon call for beverage water solenoid is energized instead of pump.

When connecting to domestic water, be advised if machine malfunctions, instead of 5 gallons on the floor, you have unlimited potential for water damage.

I installed a water leak sensor in base of unit and wired in series with solenoid and a pressure reducing valve that is provided by a water filter (the type you use for household ice maker) as domestic city water is mineral laden and makes boiler foul easier rather than spring bottled water.

Hope this helps.

Sorry guys for jumping in on this post but I have a question.

I am going to go look at two coffee machines this Saturday and wanted to know which one you all would buy.

Options 1: Saeco 220g for $1500 new

Option 2: JBC 525 (Java Brew Company)for $1800 used

which is the better machine and is the price a good price?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks 

• 2 years later...

GreatDane,

I have 3 machines that I got that were set up for direct plumbing and wanting to go to water jug.  I made the hose change in the upper section, connected the electrical to the water pump below rather than the solenoid above, and checked that the flow meter is working but no water.  The pump below turns on but will not dispense water up to the reservoir.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

• 3 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, Custom Coffee Concepts said:

GreatDane,

I have 3 machines that I got that were set up for direct plumbing and wanting to go to water jug.  I made the hose change in the upper section, connected the electrical to the water pump below rather than the solenoid above, and checked that the flow meter is working but no water.  The pump below turns on but will not dispense water up to the reservoir.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

There are 2  clear line hoses for refilling the reservoir. In your case one is coming from the solenoid to the tall fill pipe in the reservoir.
There is another clear line hose coming where you hooked up the pump below. That clear line ends underneath the reservoir to a void connection.
You actually have to exchange the 2 tubes.

Took some pictures and added some text, hope this make things clear.

seaco_inlets.jpg

saeco_filltube.jpg

• 5 months later...