How many boxes do you have out?

Determined

I'm down to 24, from the 40 I bought/placed. I'll pursue more depending on whether or not I buy the bulk route I've been looking into. 

Similar results to my bulk locations. A mixture of duds and studs. Some started off hot and cooled down and some have been steady. 9 of the locations are either very low shrink or pretty good profits. The rest are middle of the road. A few are a bad pull or two away from getting yanked due to non-payment.

I've been at it since late-october, and I will be even in the next 2 months if I continue my current numbers(I used locators for 30 of the boxes). 

Are you getting into mint/candy boxes or snack boxes? 

I know there's several on here trying or doing honor boxes. How many do you have out? What are your results? I know Humphrey is doing well at it. I'm about to start. My boxes are in the mail.

I only have 7 so far... Between work and running bulk and 5 full line combo machines it's been SLO grow.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, QuikVend said:

I'm down to 24, from the 40 I bought/placed. I'll pursue more depending on whether or not I buy the bulk route I've been looking into. 

Similar results to my bulk locations. A mixture of duds and studs. Some started off hot and cooled down and some have been steady. 9 of the locations are either very low shrink or pretty good profits. The rest are middle of the road. A few are a bad pull or two away from getting yanked due to non-payment.

I've been at it since late-october, and I will be even in the next 2 months if I continue my current numbers(I used locators for 30 of the boxes). 

Are you getting into mint/candy boxes or snack boxes? 

Your doing the mint boxes correct? I plan on doing snack boxes first. I'm only going to start with 5 locations and see if I like it. 

28 minutes ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

I only have 7 so far... Between work and running bulk and 5 full line combo machines it's been SLO grow.

How are your 7 boxes doing? Are you happy with them? 

I have been doing mint honor boxes through Sheridan since last June.  I had 42 boxes out up until last week.  I pulled two very slow performers due so now I have 40 out.  On average, the boxes do $30 per month..  I have some really good locations, and some that are just profitable.  One location that I have has averaged between $35 to $50 per week since I put the box in, so that definitely helps my numbers.  If you are just getting started doing these, know that there will be some theft and breakage issues.  I have had 2 boxes broken on location after they were dropped.  Also, some locations don't like to feel "responsible" (even though they aren't), so I have had to pull a few boxes for that reason.  Other than those issues, though, these have been way more profitable than any of my bulk locations.

2 hours ago, lionvending said:

I have been doing mint honor boxes through Sheridan since last June.  I had 42 boxes out up until last week.  I pulled two very slow performers due so now I have 40 out.  On average, the boxes do $30 per month..  I have some really good locations, and some that are just profitable.  One location that I have has averaged between $35 to $50 per week since I put the box in, so that definitely helps my numbers.  If you are just getting started doing these, know that there will be some theft and breakage issues.  I have had 2 boxes broken on location after they were dropped.  Also, some locations don't like to feel "responsible" (even though they aren't), so I have had to pull a few boxes for that reason.  Other than those issues, though, these have been way more profitable than any of my bulk locations.

Those are good numbers. Yeah that's my thing with bulk I just haven't seen the profit I would like. Nor have I been able to build a tight route with bulk. I live in a smaller town and would like to maximize my locations in town.

Also how high is your shortages?

You say " mint boxes" is that peppermint patty chocolate mints, or hard candy mints?

I typically start a location with Pearson Mints from Sams.  If the sales start to decline, then I rotate other types of candy.  So far I have used Pearson Mints, Air Heads, Laffy Taffy, and Tootsie Pops.  It seems that I have been able to keep the numbers up by rotating products every few cycles.

I also live in a rural area of Southern Illinois, so I know what you mean by small towns.  I have found, however, for me the smaller towns do the best.  I have branched out over 3 counties so far.  

In terms of shortages, I figure that the base should be 33 cents if I sell 3 for a dollar.  So, I base my shortages on that.  On average, I have been getting 27 cents each, so it is 6 cents less than the minimum should be.  However, I keep my COG less than 10 cents per unit, so it is still quite profitable, even at 27 cents per unit sold.

I hope this helps.

Archived