Looking for Coin Mech for Toy Soldier 46

Twinkie94

Okay everyone, I'm new here, and looking for help. I picked up a second hand Toy Soldier 46 Jumbo Plush Crane. It has a DBA installed and it works, but for more practical application I would like to install a coin mech as well. Does anyone know what type I can Plug and play in this machine? I believe it has special hookups for the harness, not just spade connectors. Any help would be awesome! I can post pics of my wiring if needed, and the door, but everything appears to be stock.

Okay, so I got an email back from Coastal Arcade, and they sent me an invoice with a part number for the mech I would need. > https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/CA-CM-ELE-HI071PCS

I also found this coin mech on eBay, which is more in my price range for now > http://m.ebay.com/itm/131943961765

My question here, they both appear to have the same connector, so would I be able to install this mech without modification for temp purposes??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally went with the Imonex mechs in all of my cranes and I never get any coin jams. This is the one you would want if you are taking quarters:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMONEX-R9UXM-25-CENT-ROLL-DOWN-COIN-MECHANISM-LESS-COIN-JAMS-ISSUES-/360979015884?hash=item540c06a8cc:g:E0EAAOSwDk5TtXjj

You will have to cut the wiring from the connector and wire straight to this. You will only use 2 of the 3 wires, if you post a pic of the wiring, I can tell you which ones, if not I can post a pic when I make it out to a location that has this.

Those Chinese mechs that come with the toy soldier are crap as well as those cheap ones on Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...
I personally went with the Imonex mechs in all of my cranes and I never get any coin jams. This is the one you would want if you are taking quarters:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMONEX-R9UXM-25-CENT-ROLL-DOWN-COIN-MECHANISM-LESS-COIN-JAMS-ISSUES-/360979015884?hash=item540c06a8cc:g:E0EAAOSwDk5TtXjj

You will have to cut the wiring from the connector and wire straight to this. You will only use 2 of the 3 wires, if you post a pic of the wiring, I can tell you which ones, if not I can post a pic when I make it out to a location that has this.

Those Chinese mechs that come with the toy soldier are crap as well as those cheap ones on Ebay.

I purchased one today, and see what you mean. I do not want to cut any wires, however I do plan to build my own conversion plate to connect the harness connection to the spade terminal connections. If you could post a pic that would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is any programming or switching or anything of the sort that would be very helpful. Here is a pic of the manual that states the three of the four wires for the mech, ground, +12VDC, and Signal. I assume these are the three I need to connect?

On 1/20/2017 at 5:14 PM, Twinkie94 said:

e3caa7c92d7a0dd51b48e7111dd3e01a.jpg

On this picture, you would cut the black and white wire from this connector. The black is ground wire and the white is the credit wire. You can now wire those to a roll down coin mech like a Imonex and put the black wire on the GND of the coin switch and the white on the N/O of the coin switch. I converted all my crappy chinese electronic mechs over to Imonex and have had no issues with jams, etc.. since.

On this picture, you would cut the black and white wire from this connector. The black is ground wire and the white is the credit wire. You can now wire those to a roll down coin mech like a Imonex and put the black wire on the GND of the coin switch and the white on the N/O of the coin switch. I converted all my crappy chinese electronic mechs over to Imonex and have had no issues with jams, etc.. since.

Thank you for the info! When I get the mech I'll try wiring it up that way and let you know. As I said I got the one you went me the link for, so hopefully all goes well!

• 1 month later...
Hi,

The coin mech on my Toy Soldier stop working over the weekend. It will not accept any coins.

I would like to use the coin mech you recommend but I need help converting it.

Could you please post a picture of the coin mech wiring. Thank you!

I will post a pic of what I did later, but I used some pieces from other stuff I pulled apart to create a plug and go harness so i would not have to cut wires to the OEM coin mech harness in case I want to sell it. I will post a pic in roughly 8 hours.

2 hours ago, Twinkie94 said:

I will post a pic of what I did later, but I used some pieces from other stuff I pulled apart to create a plug and go harness so i would not have to cut wires to the OEM coin mech harness in case I want to sell it. I will post a pic in roughly 8 hours.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Okay, so I have mine all tapped up to keep wires from shorting, but on the mech I was turned on to, the black wire connects to the Ground Terminal (G) and the White Wire connects to the Normally Open Terminal (N.O.) on the coin mech. I used a piece of circuit board with metal prongs protruding and soldered wires to them, color coded, and crimped Female Spade Connectors to the ends of each wire to connect to the terminals on the mech. If you have any problems, please feel free to post!

5bcf39e0f5fb0895e0949d66533bc49c.jpg

9d3c49d3d31e3c27ef37b413a11778b5.jpg

2 hours ago, Twinkie94 said:

Okay, so I have mine all tapped up to keep wires from shorting, but on the mech I was turned on to, the black wire connects to the Ground Terminal (G) and the White Wire connects to the Normally Open Terminal (N.O.) on the coin mech. I used a piece of circuit board with metal prongs protruding and soldered wires to them, color coded, and crimped Female Spade Connectors to the ends of each wire to connect to the terminals on the mech. If you have any problems, please feel free to post!

5bcf39e0f5fb0895e0949d66533bc49c.jpg

9d3c49d3d31e3c27ef37b413a11778b5.jpg

Hey! Thanks so much but I'm a little confused on what exactly I need to cut and from where, and where do I need to connect it to.

If you could please help me out? I would appreciate that!

Thank you,

CLAWGICAL

Hey! Thanks so much but I'm a little confused on what exactly I need to cut and from where, and where do I need to connect it to.

If you could please help me out? I would appreciate that!

Thank you,

CLAWGICAL

Behind the coin door, find the connector in the pic, and the white and black wires are needed to connect to two of the three terminals on the coin mech.

Archived