Broadside Communications

Anybody here ever used Broadside Communications.

I tried them back in October.  They charge $125.00 per location. I talked to them and found out you are buying leads, not locations. But assured me they were leads that needed vending service. They are just leads though. He said if it was in a bad part of town they would replace it. I decided to give it a try, $125 for a good location would be worth it. I ordered 2 locations. They do a contract but said you can cancel anytime with 30 day notice.

In November they sent me two leads.

First one was a large nice apartment complex. I wasn't real excited but I went to the appointment. The manager was nice and she wasn't happy with the service she was getting but she couldn't make and decisions. The owners were an out of town investment company and they had to make decisions. She would send them my flyer and let me know. That was the end of that.

Second location was an extended stay location in a rough part of Dallas. When I went there I had to go through a road block. The Wells Fargo bank on the corner had just got robbed. I got to location and they had a micro-mart in the lobby. Way out of my league. Told him about it being in a rough area. Never heard back anything, got charged $250.00.

November 8th I canceled my contract with them. Haven't heard anything till yesterday. Noticed they charged me $125.00. No charges in December. Searched through all my emails, junk mail, deleted emails. Nothing.

I hate scams..........

This "locating" angle has been discussed here in the past but it was some time ago. The way I look at it when I hire a locator I want them to do all the leg work so I can walk in and place the equipment. When someone sells you a "lead" it falls on your shoulder to call on the location and try to make a deal so you are basically self locating. All these "lead sellers" are, in my opinion, unnecessary middle men who are probably doing nothing more than Googling locations in your area and charging you for doing so.

5 hours ago, Lake Cities Vending said:

Well I asked for it but I stopped it. Can't figure out why they didn't charge me in December and for one in January when I never received a lead. I sent an email and asked for refund. We will see what happens.

You live and you learn. We all roll the dice occasionally and sometimes it works out other times it doesn't. i don't know what your contract with Broadside states but you may want to contact you credit card company and block them from making any further charges to your card. You may be able to even get those charges refunded through your credit card company if it is truly a fraudulent situation Worth a try.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:30 AM, Lake Cities Vending said:

Well I asked for it but I stopped it. Can't figure out why they didn't charge me in December and for one in January when I never received a lead. I sent an email and asked for refund. We will see what happens.

Just file a claim with your credit card company. You probably won't hear back.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you in the Dallas area.  A couple of my vendors moved down there so now we are getting familiar with the area.  We did get a couple of apartments wanting vending.  If you want the information, let me know.  You can have it, no charge.

Archived