Tracking sales of individual heads vs. overall collection

QuikVend

Been preparing myself for collecting and recording on an additional 90 locations. I've been working on my spreadsheets and found some formulas that should make things quicker and easier. Now I'm wondering, for those of you with larger routes, do you record each individual head or just the overall pull? I've recorded each head so far, but the most I've ever had to service at once is 35-40 locations. I'm going to be sitting at 160 locations with over 300 heads. Is it worth the extra time to record the extra info? 

Are you weighing your coins? I like data and I used to record each head but at 40+ locations with 100+ heads and no coin scale this is currently not possible for me to do. It doesn't seem to really matter either so I think I'm just going to keep with overall pull per location.

I will be. A coin scale is included in my route purchase. Up to now I was using a coin counter/sorter. I won't be rolling coins anymore, mostly due to the volume, but also because I found a local credit union that has a coin machine for members to use for free. 

I like looking and numbers and figures, that's the main reason I tracked per head totals, but it doesnt seem reasonable any more. 

Been preparing myself for collecting and recording on an additional 90 locations. I've been working on my spreadsheets and found some formulas that should make things quicker and easier. Now I'm wondering, for those of you with larger routes, do you record each individual head or just the overall pull? I've recorded each head so far, but the most I've ever had to service at once is 35-40 locations. I'm going to be sitting at 160 locations with over 300 heads. Is it worth the extra time to record the extra info? 

Let me know how long it takes to do 90 locations out of curiosity...

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Yea, I'll let you know. It will take longer the first few cycles since I'll be learning the areas and locations, but I'm usually pretty efficient when I'm servicing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Per location. Keep location notes (cards) in your vehicle that you look at when you roll up to each location. If you suspect a slow moving head jot it down to keep note of the next time you service it.

Otherwise the behind the scene time will take up precious growth time. 

Good luck with the new route!

6 hours ago, BlindVending said:

Per location. Keep location notes (cards) in your vehicle that you look at when you roll up to each location. If you suspect a slow moving head jot it down to keep note of the next time you service it.

Otherwise the behind the scene time will take up precious growth time. 

I've been using Google Sheets to track everything. It's synced up with my laptop as well, so I make real-time updates at each location(including notes). I've been tracking individual heads for now, but it has been pretty time consuming. I've got some new formulas added(to avoid needing enter numbers twice) and adjusted my sheets, so I think it should be very simple from here on out. 

6 hours ago, BlindVending said:

Good luck with the new route!

Thanks! I'm taking it over on Thursday. Looking forward to getting familiar with it. 

The only thing i will probably always track individually (at least i would make mental notes of triples when an individual candy looks slow) is candy with a short sell by, like chocolate or peanut (butter) candy. I toss the quarters into small ziploc bags with the product name, then into a bigger ziploc with the loc name.

Archived