SHOULD I BUY THIS?

4th PRSN

Hello everyone, I am a newbie looking to get into the business over here in Canada. I was searching a local site and came across this machine for sale for $650 Canadian or about $490 US.  I spoke to the seller and he said the machine is a RVC 660-13 and that  " the coil near near the compressor doesn't let fluid through, and it gets backed up" but everything else works. He also said the machine comes with an updated coin mech. Is this machine worth the time considering I am going to have to repair it?

Also, how much should I expect to pay for a repair such as this one?

Any honest feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

Kajiji.jpg

I have a Royal 650 live display. Once I learned how to program it, it's become my favorite machine. I just saw a Royal 660 for $150 locally that needs a new deck, so I may have another soon! Definitely get the price lower. 

The only problems I have ever had with older Royals is that they sometimes get weird electrical problems that might be ground-wire-related.  Aside from that, my older Royal can machines are nearly bullet-proof, and often clean up much better than old DN 501-T's.

Make sure that the machine was not pulled off a location without Coca Cola Company knowledge,because if it is the case the machine is still owned by them.It can be easily looked up with the equipment #.

1 hour ago, vinceqc said:

Make sure that the machine was not pulled off a location without Coca Cola Company knowledge,because if it is the case the machine is still owned by them.It can be easily looked up with the equipment #.

so If I purchase a machine that says Coke or Pepsi on it, I have to contact the respected company to let them know?

is this standard practice in this industry?

I apologize if my question sounds foolish, I honestly don't know much about the subject of purchasing machines. 

Some times, machines with bottlers graphics are owned by the bottlers. People will take them and sell them, even though the machine isn't theirs to sell. The machines have tags with the asset number on them. You can call the local bottler and give them that number to find out if they still own the machine or if they've gotten rid of it. 

Personally, I don't buy equipment that looks fishy.  As far as I know, I do not own any Pepsi or Coke assets, but it is possible that I do and the asset tags were removed.  Regardless, the chance of coke or pepsi coming to pick up the machine is slim, and having a bill of sale protects you from any kind of prosecution but that's all it protects you from.

And no, there's nothing out there to say you have to contact them to ask if it's their machine.  It's their responsibility to keep track of their machines, not anyone else's, but if it has an asset tag on it, and if you are a vendor that knows what you're doing, then you'll look bad morally, but that's about all I can say about that.

Simply put, if it has no asset tag, then you can *assume* it's not an asset.  Having been in the industry for over 10 years now, I think it's safe to say that I couldn't use the excuse of "I didn't know."

56 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Personally, I don't buy equipment that looks fishy.  As far as I know, I do not own any Pepsi or Coke assets, but it is possible that I do and the asset tags were removed.  Regardless, the chance of coke or pepsi coming to pick up the machine is slim, and having a bill of sale protects you from any kind of prosecution but that's all it protects you from.

And no, there's nothing out there to say you have to contact them to ask if it's their machine.  It's their responsibility to keep track of their machines, not anyone else's, but if it has an asset tag on it, and if you are a vendor that knows what you're doing, then you'll look bad morally, but that's about all I can say about that.

Simply put, if it has no asset tag, then you can *assume* it's not an asset.  Having been in the industry for over 10 years now, I think it's safe to say that I couldn't use the excuse of "I didn't know."

where would I locate the asset tag on the machine?

When I saw a Royal machine on Ebay with a Coke asset tag on it in the pictures, I tried to contact Coke with the asset number and no one could tell me if it was one of their machines and it seemed that no one at coke cared.  I tried the national coke number and I tried the local bottlers near me, and no one knew anything.  I ended up buying the machine and I'm not at all worried about Coke coming for it.

I know for sure there is '' lost vending machine '' hunter here in Quebec.They also started being more picky about the quota for vending operators ( It is 1.6 case per machine/per week ) Lets say I have 10 machine owned by coke I need to buy 69 cases a month from them.A lot of people here dont respect that number and coke started actually pulling off vending machines of locations.They warn you before and they are actually patient,but they have limits

Archived