The current state of my business

AngryChris

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share something with everyone regarding my business.

Starting in 2006, I began working for a local company in what became a life-changing occupation.  My vending experience had just begun, and I was a fresh, young kid just looking to make a buck.  Having nothing going on in my life, I simply saved up money and hoped to buy a house some day so I could start a family.  In 2007, I also began to work a part-time job simply because I was bored and had nothing to do on the weekends.  Fast forward to 2011, I was going to college full-time, working that "part-time" job full-time, and operating my own vending business part-time.  In 2013, I made the decision (after some work-related controversy) to go back to working part-time.  This gave me the opportunity to focus more on my business.  Finally, around September of 2014, I made the decision to finally quit that part-time job that I had had since 2007.  For the next 2 years after that moment, I was supporting myself through my business alone.

Now, in 2017, I can officially say that I not only support myself, but my entire family through my income alone.  The financials aren't perfect, and anyone in this industry knows how unpredictable expenses can be, but I have enough accounts and enough financial flexibility to get through most hardships.  I am very happy to be in the state that I am in and I am also happy for all of the help and support of my fellow members here.  Despite some family and "friends" who have been nothing but naysayers and tried to discourage me from ever pursuing this, I feel as though I have really done it.  I am quite confident that in the coming years, I will do nothing but keep moving onward and upward.

Thank you to all of you and I hope this gives people not only motivation to keep pursuing their dreams, but also give them incite into the difficulties that come with doing such a thing.  It's not easy, and it never was easy, but it's doable and rewarding when done right.

Congrats!  I was recently forced to pursue this full time myself due to some workplace drama.  I have always wanted to be a business owner, so I am jumping into it.  I have been doing it part-time for 2 years, but am now taking the leap to full-time with a large family to support at home.  I know what you mean about naysayers as a lot of my family tells me that this is a nice hobby but will never actually support my family.  Nonetheless, I use that as fuel to succeed.  Hearing stories like yours inspires me, so I want to say a sincere thank you in addition to congratulations!

1 hour ago, lionvending said:

Congrats!  I was recently forced to pursue this full time myself due to some workplace drama.  I have always wanted to be a business owner, so I am jumping into it.  I have been doing it part-time for 2 years, but am now taking the leap to full-time with a large family to support at home.  I know what you mean about naysayers as a lot of my family tells me that this is a nice hobby but will never actually support my family.  Nonetheless, I use that as fuel to succeed.  Hearing stories like yours inspires me, so I want to say a sincere thank you in addition to congratulations!

Honestly, the "thank you" is worth so much more to me.  I literally shared this in hopes that it will enlighten those that struggle.  I couldn't tell you how many times I thought about selling out and getting a "regular" job.  I support small businesses and I support those who pursue their dreams.  I'm glad you got something positive out of this!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share something with everyone regarding my business.

Starting in 2006, I began working for a local company in what became a life-changing occupation.  My vending experience had just begun, and I was a fresh, young kid just looking to make a buck.  Having nothing going on in my life, I simply saved up money and hoped to buy a house some day so I could start a family.  In 2007, I also began to work a part-time job simply because I was bored and had nothing to do on the weekends.  Fast forward to 2011, I was going to college full-time, working that "part-time" job full-time, and operating my own vending business part-time.  In 2013, I made the decision (after some work-related controversy) to go back to working part-time.  This gave me the opportunity to focus more on my business.  Finally, around September of 2014, I made the decision to finally quit that part-time job that I had had since 2007.  For the next 2 years after that moment, I was supporting myself through my business alone.

Now, in 2017, I can officially say that I not only support myself, but my entire family through my income alone.  The financials aren't perfect, and anyone in this industry knows how unpredictable expenses can be, but I have enough accounts and enough financial flexibility to get through most hardships.  I am very happy to be in the state that I am in and I am also happy for all of the help and support of my fellow members here.  Despite some family and "friends" who have been nothing but naysayers and tried to discourage me from ever pursuing this, I feel as though I have really done it.  I am quite confident that in the coming years, I will do nothing but keep moving onward and upward.

Thank you to all of you and I hope this gives people not only motivation to keep pursuing their dreams, but also give them incite into the difficulties that come with doing such a thing.  It's not easy, and it never was easy, but it's doable and rewarding when done right.

I would give you 18 thumbs up. If I had 18 thumbs.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Archived