First box stolen!

welcome indeed!! the first ones are always the hardest to mourn. after #20 or so, it just gets to be no big deal. Ive had somewhere around 60 mint boxes, and 8 bulk machines stolen. one of these days i need to touch base with sheridan and get those off my list! If a place is making good money, its not the end of the world to lose a few. best of luck from here on out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We had a second box at the same location destroyed again today (pulled it now).  I think they were trying to get the dollars out.  My guess is an employee, but whatever.

Honestly, it seems that the candy for cause boxes are high risk here.....have had 2 stolen and 2 destroyed out of about 40-45 out in just a few months.  My current collection rate is about 70% which makes the margins pretty slim if they aren't selling much.  I am thinking that we will concentrate more on the bulk side and gradually reduce these to the 10-20 or so that are consistent.  Here the economy is good and managers turn over a lot so it's easy to get kicked out even after being in location for a few months.

• 1 month later...
We had a second box at the same location destroyed again today (pulled it now).  I think they were trying to get the dollars out.  My guess is an employee, but whatever.

Honestly, it seems that the candy for cause boxes are high risk here.....have had 2 stolen and 2 destroyed out of about 40-45 out in just a few months.  My current collection rate is about 70% which makes the margins pretty slim if they aren't selling much.  I am thinking that we will concentrate more on the bulk side and gradually reduce these to the 10-20 or so that are consistent.  Here the economy is good and managers turn over a lot so it's easy to get kicked out even after being in location for a few months.

Yeah I'm new to candy for a cause but have already had 5 boxes disappear, two some other guy took my boxes and put his, and the rest are barely breaking even on candy and gas. At the right location I can see potential, but I don't have enough time to keep relocating every two weeks and replacing boxes I think are getting stolen or thrown away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived