Coin scales

QuikVend

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Australia, so it's different here, but I have a cheap eBay set of kitchen scales that is accurate to a gram. It only works on my $2 coin only mechanisms, like bouncy ball machines and pool tables, but I know that 25 in a bank bag weighs 165g, so weigh each bag to that amount. It's a lot quicker for me than counting all by hand and easier to carry than my full coin counter (which I still need for equipment with a mixture of coins, like jukeboxes and skill testers).

I never use them. I count them by hand meself!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

That's how I've been doing it until now. But I'm trying to squeeze 90 locations into 2 to 2 1/2 days, so every second counts. I think I'll only use it on commission accounts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

Let me guess most of them close at 5 pm..?

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Actually, there are only a few. But there are some restaurants with different hours. One that is on the west side is only open 6-3. And another isn't open on Mondays. Another doesn't open until 2. Just a bunch of odd hour locations.

One of my restaurant locations back home was only open 10-3 for the longest time. They just expanded their hours not too long ago, so now they're open until 8. It's a shootin hoops location thankfully, so I could afford to skip it if I couldn't get there in time (which i seemed to do alot).

If some one feels like spreading the word, AcuCount is offering a discount for "Vendiscuss" of 40.00 good till 4/30/2017

Use coupon code  VD-$40.00off  at www.acucount.com

Mine just arrived today. Works great. This will save a lot of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're a bulk vendor and plan on staying a bulk vendor then you need an Acucount, there's really nothing else that works as well.  I've owned 4 Acucounts and they're great.

If memory serves me correctly I've owned 9 different machines for counting coins and nothing comes close to being as handy as an Acucount 603.

Support is great too, Andrew often answers the phone when you call, but if you have to leave a message he promptly calls back.

On 1/29/2017 at 4:55 PM, acucount1 said:

If some one feels like spreading the word, AcuCount is offering a discount for "Vendiscuss" of 40.00 good till 4/30/2017

Use coupon code  VD-$40.00off  at www.acucount.com

Best one out there.  Good service also we had one that had an issue and it was replaced fast with no questions.  

Just now, zjtaylor said:

Update... got my Acucount on Friday. I counted over 250$ in quarters took me about 2 seconds. It counts bills pretty accurately too. Great customer service so far. Expensive but well worth the money... if you're on the fence get one now.

Bills? I didn't realize it did that. I'll have to look into it.

There are YouTube videos showing the operation of the counter and explaining how to do different things with the counter.

If you're very anal (like me) and everything has to come out exactly to the coin, then occasionally you will have to "reprogram coin". It's an easy 2 minute process that keeps everything accurate.

For bank deposits we have a Glory mechanical counter that counts every coin and rejects anything that is not a quarter. That count is double checked with the Acucount. The bank will count the coins a third time when we deposit them. Very seldom is there a problem, mostly their coin counter rejects Canadian quarters and ours does not.

As an aside, we used to do business with a big bank who would not count the coins at a Branch but send them to a central location where 3 days later our account would be credited, the count was always 50c to $3 short on each $500 bag. I knew they were wrong but there was nothing I felt like doing about it. On day when they credited a bag they said we were $63 short. I called them up and told them there was no way that could happen, they told me I was SOL. I switched banks and the discrepancies magically disappeared.

• 1 month later...

Well, I joined the FCVG lazy month so I needed to get a high capacity counter after all. Lots of coins and ALOT of pennies. Dug around ebay for a bit and found a Scan Coin SC22. Was listed at $220 OBO, so I got it for $200 shipped. I ended up running about $600 through it and even though it had quite a few pennies, it took less than 30 minutes. He still has a bunch for sale, if anyone is interested. 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-SCAN-COIN-SC22-COIN-COUNTER-SORTER-WITH-4-COIN-TRAYS-AND-POWER-CABLE-/322452158715?txnId=1730329495011

4 hours ago, QuikVend said:

Well, I joined the FCVG lazy month so I needed to get a high capacity counter after all. Lots of coins and ALOT of pennies. Dug around ebay for a bit and found a Scan Coin SC22. Was listed at $220 OBO, so I got it for $200 shipped. I ended up running about $600 through it and even though it had quite a few pennies, it took less than 30 minutes. He still has a bunch for sale, if anyone is interested. 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-SCAN-COIN-SC22-COIN-COUNTER-SORTER-WITH-4-COIN-TRAYS-AND-POWER-CABLE-/322452158715?txnId=1730329495011

Forgot to mention, it kicks out the foreign currency. Also it has found me 2 silver dimes so far.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:46 AM, zjtaylor said:

I set 1$ bills on one of the custom settings. Seems to work pretty well with tightly stacked bills.

Update. I have had the acucount for a month now and I'm very satisfied with its coin counting ability. Very fast. It actually does not seem to do bills very well. Last counts at the bank were a few bills off. No big deal as I think its really meant for coin only.

22 hours ago, dkochan said:

I purchased an Accucount scale at the NBVA show in Dallas last month. It is very fast. I am happy with my purchase.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I was there too, I'm sorry to have missed you. While you were talking to Andrew, you didn't happen to have someone walk by and tell you how much they liked their Acucount did you, if you did, that was me.

Archived