CC readers on Cranes and other equipment

rodney69

If you want to use a CC reader on cranes or internet jukeboxes, I'm guessing you need to use a dedicated line specifically for your equipment for security purposes? Or can you piggy back off of the location?

also, if you have to use a dedicated line from like verizon, can you run multiple equipment off of it  if you're using USA tech readers?

I'm trying to find out if there is hidden costs or how it actually works in case the CC reader companies aren't filling me in on ALL the costs. I don't like those kind of surprises. LOL

My location is minimum 2 cranes, maybe a jukebox. I know the cost of the actual CC readers, just not sure on the cost of communicating from readers and that set up.

I know this is ironic, but I don't trust sales people to fill you in on all the details. ( I have to laugh at this)

Thank you in advance.

I don't know about USA tech, but I have Nayax readers on my vending machines. I have my own account for SIM cards for them, rather than through Nayax. I know that theoretically, you can connect multiple units through a central router to share one connection (with ethernet or wifi dongles to each unit). I have not tried it personally, because I have now moved to a group data plan for my SIMs so the cost saving by running just a single SIM versus the extra hardware involved in setting it up is now less.

If there is a secure and stable internet connection available, you could use this, but a dedicated SIM connection will be more reliable. It should be possible to set things up with more than one connection route and have it fall over to the next if the preferred connection is down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 6:54 AM, brendio said:

I don't know about USA tech, but I have Nayax readers on my vending machines. I have my own account for SIM cards for them, rather than through Nayax.

What do you mean by you have your own account for SIM cards? Does that mean you don't pay them then $7.95 a month? Or what?

I am looking into the NAYAX vs. the USAT vs. the PayRange.

I have an account directly for SIM cards rather than have Nayax bundle it into their service cost. I pay $10 per month + tx fees to Nayax and around $5 per month for SIMs on a group data sharing plan. Those are AU dollar costs, so everything more expensive than USD. I think the cost would be $16 per month through Nayax for the service cost and Nayax-provided SIM, so I'm not saving a huge deal by DIYing.

Archived