Northwestern impossible to get a hold of

Coal River Vending

Yeah I've been calling this week with no reply, ended up buying from eBay. I hear email might work better for NW. Oak same issue this week, They sometimes take a few days to catch up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

On 2/1/2017 at 8:41 AM, Coal River Vending said:

Been calling for days, no answer. Anyone else have this problem?

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now, I'm not a big email guy but I guess I'm going to have to start.

1 hour ago, rodney69 said:

I'm not sure why everyone it's having issues. They always respond to me. 

May not be same day, but I don't expect anyone as a supplier to do anything same day.

This is the first time I've had a problem, 

I got through this morning, it seems their shipper( who is also their painter) is in the hospital. Diana's husband is also in the hospital so there is only Michele answering the phones. Michele said they would try to get my order out in the morning 

They're running on a skeleton crew. They have a huge building and if it was me, I would get rid of it and buy a smaller building then focus on filling orders as they came in and on the future of Bulk Vending. Which in my opinion is credit card readers and Apple pay. Then put in 3" capsule wheels to pull 2.00 per vend, and high end 1" to drive the sales. Just my thought though. 

I just email them because I know they're spread so thin.

It's amazing how of all the old manufacturers, it seems only Oak and Northwestern are still holding on here in the USA. I called on Tuesday to place an order and did get through, though I'm only ordering a couple lids so I doubt it would take much for them to hustle that out the door. Hopefully they've gotten back to all of you by now.

Eagle is still around as well. Oak downsized when the economy tanked. I talked to him a few times.

From my experience with manufacturing, once you lean down, it can take a little longer to get certain products out. Depends on what's important to the company at the time. As consumers, we're used to getting everything right now. But that was when company's stock piled everything. Now, storage space is a premiuml so they've had to lean down and only run production when they have enough orders to do the run.

We as consumers need to switch our planning to buying ahead of what we need and getting more than we need at the time so we're not pressed and don't need to buy a lower quality item.

That's how we save money long term. Buying toys in bulk, maybe a years worth. Figure changing toys and but enough to get about a years worth. Saves I shipping and more importantly stress. Candy is different, maybe but enough for a couple months, or a quarter with anything that can be stored. Not chocolate unless you have pest and temp control.

It might make it tough, it May need to start in quarter instead of year, then build up, but long term we save money in gas, time, shipping cost, and more importantly.... Stress.

It's all about planning.

Not to sound like a noob, but are eagles any good? I see them all the time, they seem like variations of oak. Also, what's their site? I try and find them and only see an eagle that's selling snack machines.

I'm starting to see things the same way Rodney mentioned. As consumers, and especially relatively small consumers, we can't really do anything but accept the way these guys operate. At least they're still there. If they all left we'd be screwed.

I have about 30 or more on route, I don't have any trouble. I've heard the mechs aren't as good as Oak's, but better than AA. That being said, I haven't had an issue yet, but only had them on route for about 8 years. 

They are very similar, same panels, cages, lids, the body is shaped slightly different and the top of the body where the coin mech slides on has the lip there so the mech has a deeper slide area for going on the body. The body tapers a little different, but you can't tell unless you try to put an Oak quick collect in the Eagle. They don't fit together. 

The site is primitive, but works.  http://www.eagleemc.com/

I have never had to wait on an order in 4 years. I always try oak first, then eagle.

Oh, also the candy wheel let's out 5 pmm on eagles and oak wheels let out 7. 

But that's about it.

Yes, slim Crew, but very well organized. Ask for Rod. ( not me. Lol)

Archived