Quick fat loss

The Mage

Found a quick way to loose weight.

Step 1. Start planning, and fixing your diet, by reducing the amount of crap you are eating.

Step 2. Get in one single workout.

Step 3. Get the Flu. Now skipping all the bad stuff is easy because you don't really want to eat anything, although now you really don't feel like working out.

Step 4. Get bronchitis. Now you are too busy coughing to eat. Not to mention every time you cough, it feels like you are being put into a corset. (I am assuming what a corset feels like here.)

Step 6. Find a nice medicine that knocks you out so you spend the time you could be eating, sleeping. 

I'm down about 7 pounds.

I seem to be at the end of the Flu.

It sucks, but I tend to get bronchitis every time I get sick, It usually doesn't kick in until I am starting to feel better, but this time it hit me about 2 days in. It might be because it was a flu, something that hasn't hit me for quite a while. I did a 5 day course of antibiotics, though it is supposed to be in my system for 10. My cough isn't crushing my chest anymore, and doesn't seem as common, but it is still there, along with that oh so wonderful phlegm, and my energy isn't where it was before I got sick.

I feel like I'm whining though. I mean everyone's been sick. Probably half the members here have been sick in the last 2 or 3 months. 

I know how you feel. I don't get sick often, but when I do it is usually pretty bad. I lost about 15 lbs last May when I was down for a week. 

The good thing is, I only gained 3 back lol. It is quite the fat loss program.

13 hours ago, QuikVend said:

I know how you feel. I don't get sick often, but when I do it is usually pretty bad. I lost about 15 lbs last May when I was down for a week. 

The good thing is, I only gained 3 back lol. It is quite the fat loss program.

Well, as long as it is all fat. Too often something like this can cause a loss of lean body mass, which unfortunately can slow down a metabolism. Although it doesn't take long to rebuild that muscle back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, on a 2nd course of antibiotics, more codeine, (still not convinced it works any better than dextromethorphan,) and prednisone, which I think is finally getting rid of this cough I have had for like 3 weeks now.

Oh yeah, down another 3 lbs, but it is fluctuating a little more since I started getting my appetite back.

And I did have a flu shot. (I could swear I responded to your post lacanteen.)

Archived