Profit per Bag of M&M

vender4321

Hi,

Has anyone figured this out already?  In a typical bag of 56 oz m&m's,  charging 25c per vend, how many vends are there per bag.    Just trying to figure out on a bag that costs $11.25 at costco, how much am I making?  I just picked up a large vending route and I have some bulk accounts.....

Second,  anyone use cashews/peanuts?  They are more expensive?  not worth it?  go bad sooner? 

thanks

Like lionvending said, typically 1/2 oz. portions are what you'll vend. Some stuff, like peanut m&ms, you'll have to vend a little more than 1/2 oz or your customers will feel ripped off.

If you go the nuts route, make sure it's a place they're going to sell, otherwise they do go bad quicker and bugs will appear. Also, if your machines have metal on the dispensing wheels, they will start to rust due to the salt unless you clean them regularly. Cashews are wire expensive as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, vender4321 said:

Hi,

Has anyone figured this out already?  In a typical bag of 56 oz m&m's,  charging 25c per vend, how many vends are there per bag.    Just trying to figure out on a bag that costs $11.25 at costco, how much am I making?  I just picked up a large vending route and I have some bulk accounts.....

Second,  anyone use cashews/peanuts?  They are more expensive?  not worth it?  go bad sooner? 

thanks

Avoid peanuts and cashews completely. Not worth the time, trouble or cost. I just tell people we no longer carry them because they stale out so quickly. PMMs are easier to deal with and outsell bulk peanuts hands down if someone really wants a peanut product. 

We picked up a few nut locations. I didn't know that about the salt. Now it makes sense that some of these mechs are so rusty. I'm now phasing out nuts completely and limiting my PMM to very high performing locations. My personal preference is now running a very high margin business. If I were starting again, I would begin with only high margin candy like gumballs, Skittles, and runts and also start with toys.

Like lionvending said, typically 1/2 oz. portions are what you'll vend. Some stuff, like peanut m&ms, you'll have to vend a little more than 1/2 oz or your customers will feel ripped off.

If you go the nuts route, make sure it's a place they're going to sell, otherwise they do go bad quicker and bugs will appear. Also, if your machines have metal on the dispensing wheels, they will start to rust due to the salt unless you clean them regularly. Cashews are wire expensive as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Avoid peanuts and cashews completely. Not worth the time, trouble or cost. I just tell people we no longer carry them because they stale out so quickly. PMMs are easier to deal with and outsell bulk peanuts hands down if someone really wants a peanut product. 

We picked up a few nut locations. I didn't know that about the salt. Now it makes sense that some of these mechs are so rusty. I'm now phasing out nuts completely and limiting my PMM to very high performing locations. My personal preference is now running a very high margin business. If I were starting again, I would begin with only high margin candy like gumballs, Skittles, and runts and also start with toys.

Yeah unfortunate ly I have a bar customer that nagged me into cashews.... We'll see how that goes...

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

On 2/5/2017 at 1:11 PM, zjtaylor said:

I'm now phasing out nuts completely and limiting my PMM to very high performing locations. My personal preference is now running a very high margin business.

Good luck with that. In most of my locations PMM out sells everything else.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, zjtaylor said:

How's that working out so far? I tried to switch to high margin candies, and end up not selling nearly as much. I'm wondering if that's a geographical thing. 0.5 oz is about what I vent for PMM, but I try to stick with 5 or 6 PMM more than I worry about weight. Anything less than 4 and I start getting complaints that it's a rip off.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, vender4321 said:

Just trying to figure out on a bag that costs $11.25 at Costco

is that $11.25 factoring in some sort of tax? Mine are $9.88 at sams.

Different sams clubs have different pricing, just like they have different products. I have some selling  pmm for $8.98 and others selling for $10.48. The real pain in the golpher is the place selling them cheaper doesn't carry skittles or Mike and ikes. They do have reeses pieces and hot tamales, but I'm phasing out both of those. 

3 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

How's that working out so far? I tried to switch to high margin candies, and end up not selling nearly as much. I'm wondering if that's a geographical thing. 0.5 oz is about what I vent for PMM, but I try to stick with 5 or 6 PMM more than I worry about weight. Anything less than 4 and I start getting complaints that it's a rip off.

Gumballs and Skittles are thankfully the top 2 sellers here. Trying runts soon but haven't decided on supplier. Toys are very set and forget so now they seem like a no brainer where before I avoided them. 

I'm also doing 5-6 pieces of PMM. May try 8-10 for 50c but that will likely go over like a lead balloon.

I'm looking for very high foot traffic locations now and within a year will probably stop doing bulk except for racks with high margin and toys. 

On 2/7/2017 at 8:46 PM, zjtaylor said:

Trying runts soon but haven't decided on supplier.

I'm also doing 5-6 pieces of PMM. May try 8-10 for 50c but that will likely go over like a lead balloon.

Quill.com for runts, trust me. First time get at least two boxes and when u sign up as a new customer they send u a coupon, and many more after it that says $x off $xx or more that u can stock up on.

As for the peanut mms, i do 5-6, if they complain i move it up one notch (and tell them) so they have a more consisyent chance of getting 6, maybe 7 if theyre small. If they complain toomuch i tell them to hold 6 pmms inone hand and 12-14 plain mms (what amount i vend) and tell me theyre getting a bad deal. U could also go to the gas station and buy a bag of pmms and do a price compare by counting the pieces. Buying them 6 at a time from you will ALWAYS be cheaper, trust me. Lol

Also, i vend chocolate candies at 1/3 oz. Thats 12-14 mms or reeses pieces, 5-6 pmms. As long as i can get hot tamales for $7.50 ill vend 1/2 oz. U can get the members mark jelly beans from sams for 11.74 for 4 poundsand vend about 1/3 oz, or 10-12 pieces, and they are just as good as jelly belly imo.

Archived