RVCC 660-9 Bill / Coin Acceptor

Fud

Ok so update. I was feeling the lines to see if they was getting cold and noticed the fan was not on. I unplugged the machine and followed the wires up to the power supply area in front. I noticed there was a wire that broke off. I soldered it back to the connector and plugged it in and powered the machine back up and the fan is on and the machine seems to be cooling properly now. 

So now for my next question. I have downloaded the manual and im confused about how i use the board i have to change settings etc? Is everything done from the red button or should i be looking for something else?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you press the red button to enter service mode, navigation is done with buttons 1,2,3 &4. Button 1 is the top left one then progressing right.

Button 2 is scroll forward

Button 3 is scroll backward

Button 4 is 'enter'

Button 1 is 'escape'

Note 1-your door switch must function or program mode will not work.

Note 2-program mode will time out if not used for a few minutes.

Note 3-if your door is left open with power on for more than 20 minutes, the board assumes the door switch isn't working and turns the refrigeration on.

Note 4-Do not plug or unplug anything with power on

8 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Once you press the red button to enter service mode, navigation is done with buttons 1,2,3 &4. Button 1 is the top left one then progressing right.

Button 2 is scroll forward

Button 3 is scroll backward

Button 4 is 'enter'

Button 1 is 'escape'

Note 1-your door switch must function or program mode will not work.

Note 2-program mode will time out if not used for a few minutes.

Note 3-if your door is left open with power on for more than 20 minutes, the board assumes the door switch isn't working and turns the refrigeration on.

Note 4-Do not plug or unplug anything with power on

Ok i found that in the manual but i dont see these buttons on my board. Im not finding them at all.

Ok so i read a ton of the manual. I changed the machine from can to bottles and changed prices to $1.25 for 16.9 oz bottles. I dont think i have a source for bulk 20 oz bottles around me. Now im just waiting for the coin and bill validators. Thanks for your help to this point everyone.

Ok new problem. The machine is set to 35F but is at 14F and freezing the drinks in it. Any ideas? Did i maybe connect the wrong wire to the wrong connection when it wasnt cooling at all?

If the machine displays the current temperature as 35F when the door is closed but the product is actually at 14F (you have a thermometer in it?) then the temp sensor is probably bad.  If you're instead going by what you set it at in the programming versus what it's displaying now then you definitely have a bad temp sensor - if you have not plugged the compressor itself directly into a power cord or plug which would not be controlled by the machine.

2 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

If the machine displays the current temperature as 35F when the door is closed but the product is actually at 14F (you have a thermometer in it?) then the temp sensor is probably bad.  If you're instead going by what you set it at in the programming versus what it's displaying now then you definitely have a bad temp sensor - if you have not plugged the compressor itself directly into a power cord or plug which would not be controlled by the machine.

No the readout is showing 14F So your saying plug it in to a different plug not the one inside the machine?

If the display is at 14F and you're products are frozen which confirms the display then you have a bad temp sensor.  What I meant was that if you used an extension cord to power the cooling unit separately then the logic board would never turn the compressor off.  If you have the cooling unit plugged into the machine next to the condenser then you have a bad temp sensor.  The sensor is located behind the evaporator so you'll only see a grey harness going into the evaporator housing.  Trace it to the logic board and see if there is any damage to the insulation and that the cord is plugged into the board.  Don't confuse this harness with the drop sensor harness from under the delivery chute because they are both grey harnesses.  That's one of the few dumb things that Royal did.

The bottom white wire is the one i repaired and attached to the bottom connector. Is that the correct placement for it then? I have it unplugged now and the fan is not one maybe the compressor entirely. Only other place i could see it going is above the black connectors.

16684624_1298532870225987_183367804_n.jpg

48 minutes ago, Fud said:

Im not finding the sensor exactly. Also do you have a link to where i could purchase the one needed for my machine?

Thanks

You should contact Royal directly for parts.  They have a great part department with reasonable prices.  1 800 931 9214

9 hours ago, Fud said:

The bottom white wire is the one i repaired and attached to the bottom connector. Is that the correct placement for it then? I have it unplugged now and the fan is not one maybe the compressor entirely. Only other place i could see it going is above the black connectors.

16684624_1298532870225987_183367804_n.jpg

Those wires are in the correct places.  I forgot that this machine moved to a refrigeration relay.  The white wires are from the logic board and they switch the relay.  the other two wires are to the compressor and they are switched by the relay.  The nice thing about the relay is that there are two switched sides so if one fails or sticks like yours might have you can then move the compressor wires to the other side of the relay.  Try moving both compressor wires to the upper pair of connections and see if that allows the machine to cool properly.  It may not work because the input side might be what's stuck.  If you need the relay you can email me.

So now for some reason i have the bill validator on but it will only accept $1 i can add the quarter and it vends but i would like it to take another dollar and spit change. And i do have plenty of change in coin mech. Is it a setting in the machine? Which one or what else may be the problem? It also does not seem to take the new $5's but im not all that worried about that.

2 hours ago, lacanteen said:

Make 5 vends with quarters only. If that doesn't correct it, you may have a changer issue.

That worked! Thanks Such odd fixes lol. Now maybe you can help with my next problem. My selection 4 dispenses 2 bottles instead of just 1.

3 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Question 1: Is the column set for 1 deep?

Question 2: What is the brand you are trying to vend?

1 = I have no idea , i wondered why the machine had 12 slots in back and only 8 selections on door.

2 = Coke/Sprite 16.9 oz why can it tell if you have other products in it?

OK, you have a ways to go. You need to check and/or change the space-to-sales (STS) programming. This assigns columns to buttons. If more than 1 column is assigned to a button, they will sequence so that new product is loaded evenly on top.

The depth setting is by selection either 1 for bottles/large cans, or 2 for 12 oz cans. This is so the chain knows how many times to pull on the vend pawl.

The product brand & size tell me the diameter so I know how to set the spacer rod. There is only 2 settings, and you'l want to read up on how to do it without having the vend mechanism parts fall into your lap. Cans, 16.9 oz bottles use the narrow setting. Standard 20 oz bottles use the wider setting.

2 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

OK, you have a ways to go. You need to check and/or change the space-to-sales (STS) programming. This assigns columns to buttons. If more than 1 column is assigned to a button, they will sequence so that new product is loaded evenly on top.

The depth setting is by selection either 1 for bottles/large cans, or 2 for 12 oz cans. This is so the chain knows how many times to pull on the vend pawl.

The product brand & size tell me the diameter so I know how to set the spacer rod. There is only 2 settings, and you'l want to read up on how to do it without having the vend mechanism parts fall into your lap. Cans, 16.9 oz bottles use the narrow setting. Standard 20 oz bottles use the wider setting.

Ok i will check the programming. I made the change mechanically inside the machine for the correct dispensing of bottles. IE pulling the rods out and moving the arm to the correct slot. Thanks for the quick help.

8 hours ago, Fud said:

Ok i will check the programming. I made the change mechanically inside the machine for the correct dispensing of bottles. IE pulling the rods out and moving the arm to the correct slot. Thanks for the quick help.

The thing to remember with the depth setting is that it is by SELECTION, not COLUMN.  Multiple columns will be assigned to specific selection buttons on your machine...but when you set depth, you are setting it for the selection button, not the columns.  If you have 12 oz coke cans for selection 3 on the machine...selection 3 should be set to 2, since cans can be made 2 deep.  If you have 16 oz bottles for selection 1 on the machine...selection 1 should be set to 1 since bottles must be 1 deep.  When I first set up my Royal machine, I thought depth was by column and I kept getting double vends on some of the selections.  It is a common mistake since the depth settings will go up to 12 for machines that have 12 selection buttons on the front...even though most GIII's only have 9 selection buttons on the front.  Just ignore the selection settings above 9.  I hope this makes sense.  If not, just read the manual closely.  

Archived