NEED HELP with Coin Mech

Monti3870

I purchased a Dixie Narco 501R and it came with a TRC 6000 coin mech. I went to plug in the coin mech and started to smell a burning smell. I do believe when I plug in the coin mech I tried to plug it in as a 15pin mech then I moved it down to the 12 pin position. The machine is no longer accepting coin or dollars. I don't know where to start or what to check.

HELP PLEASE!!!

I don't think it's possible to plug a 12 pin coin mech into the wrong place on a 15 pin socket.  Are you sure it's a TRC-6000?  Are you sure it's not a TRC-6010?  Yes, you could have fried the changer just plugging it in without turning the power to the machine off first.  Try going into the programming on the machine and attempt to payout coins through the changer, the flow chart telling you how to do that will be on your inner door.  If the changer won't eject coins, then it is probably bad.  Here is the one you need if you don't have a spare.

http://stores.vendorstech.com/mei-trc-6000-coin-changer/

I'm assuming your bill acceptor is just disabled because the coin mech is defective.  What bill acceptor is it, and what, if any, flash code is it giving you?

8 hours ago, Vendors Tech said:

I don't think it's possible to plug a 12 pin coin mech into the wrong place on a 15 pin socket.  Are you sure it's a TRC-6000?  Are you sure it's not a TRC-6010?  Yes, you could have fried the changer just plugging it in without turning the power to the machine off first.  Try going into the programming on the machine and attempt to payout coins through the changer, the flow chart telling you how to do that will be on your inner door.  If the changer won't eject coins, then it is probably bad.  Here is the one you need if you don't have a spare.

http://stores.vendorstech.com/mei-trc-6000-coin-changer/

I'm assuming your bill acceptor is just disabled because the coin mech is defective.  What bill acceptor is it, and what, if any, flash code is it giving you?

IMG_0180.JPG

12 hours ago, Monti3870 said:

I purchased a Dixie Narco 501R and it came with a TRC 6000 coin mech. I went to plug in the coin mech and started to smell a burning smell. I do believe when I plug in the coin mech I tried to plug it in as a 15pin mech then I moved it down to the 12 pin position. The machine is no longer accepting coin or dollars. I don't know where to start or what to check.

HELP PLEASE!!!

I suspect that if you open up that coin mech, you'll find a dime that got dislodged during the move and it's shorted out the board.  Your Bill acceptor should be fine but you'll need a new coin mech.  Having used the Mars 6000 extensively, I'm now switching over to the Coinco 9300 units as they're much more reliable.  But Mars still stands as the best validator.

I suspect that if you open up that coin mech, you'll find a dime that got dislodged during the move and it's shorted out the board.  Your Bill acceptor should be fine but you'll need a new coin mech.  Having used the Mars 6000 extensively, I'm now switching over to the Coinco 9300 units as they're much more reliable.  But Mars still stands as the best validator.

What do you want for the mars 6000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need to plug the mech into another known working machine (with power off) and see if it works.  If not then replace the mech first.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need one.

Archived