New2Vending

12 minutes ago, PlentifulVendingCO said:

I am having trouble deciding where to go as far as buying my machines. Any suggestions? Also I am wanting to know is there a permit or license needed to start sales. I have my DBA & EIN. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where you buy your machines will greatly depend upon the type of accounts you secure.  If you land a good size account you may need to buy newer equipment that;s Credit Card ready.  A&M out of Georgia seems to have a pretty good selection.  AMS snack and Royal GIII soda machines would be what I'd buy.  If you  get some smaller accounts, then Craigslist might be your best avenue.  The older AP7600's are rock solid and the older Dixies are easy to find and fairly reliable.  Avoid Vendo. Seaga. Gaines  and Planet Antares.  Depending on where you live, it might be cheaper to pay a slightly higher price to avoid excessive shipping costs.  In addition, your State laws will dictate what type of licenses you'll need.

In certain cities you will have to pay a business tax every year. You will find out if you place your machine at a location and you get a phone call about it. It's typically $50 a year and not every city requires it. If you're just starting out, I wouldn't suggest buying top of the line machines. Keep costs as low as possible. There is a thin profit margin in this business. Buy cheap equipment and pay someone to refurbish it. If you get a nice location, maybe talk to Pepsi or Coke about machines. However, you will have to buy sodas from them and pay quite a bit more. Good luck

In Arizona, you need a state sales tax license and a sales tax license from the city you operate from, whether you have machines there or not.   Then most other cities view it as if you have a machine there you need to pay taxes to them.  If you pay to one city you don't pay to your home city.  The state gets theirs regardless.  I vended for 18 years and only had to add two cities  to the one I was based in and that was ONLY because I served those city's buildings.  

15 hours ago, moondog said:

Where you buy your machines will greatly depend upon the type of accounts you secure.  If you land a good size account you may need to buy newer equipment that;s Credit Card ready.  A&M out of Georgia seems to have a pretty good selection.  AMS snack and Royal GIII soda machines would be what I'd buy.  If you  get some smaller accounts, then Craigslist might be your best avenue.  The older AP7600's are rock solid and the older Dixies are easy to find and fairly reliable.  Avoid Vendo. Seaga. Gaines  and Planet Antares.  Depending on where you live, it might be cheaper to pay a slightly higher price to avoid excessive shipping costs.  In addition, your State laws will dictate what type of licenses you'll need.

Thanks, I will definitely take in consideration everything you've enlightened me to.

9 hours ago, Magiccity726 said:

In certain cities you will have to pay a business tax every year. You will find out if you place your machine at a location and you get a phone call about it. It's typically $50 a year and not every city requires it. If you're just starting out, I wouldn't suggest buying top of the line machines. Keep costs as low as possible. There is a thin profit margin in this business. Buy cheap equipment and pay someone to refurbish it. If you get a nice location, maybe talk to Pepsi or Coke about machines. However, you will have to buy sodas from them and pay quite a bit more. Good luck

Thanks, I didn't know coke leases out machines, so good to know.

52 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

In Arizona, you need a state sales tax license and a sales tax license from the city you operate from, whether you have machines there or not.   Then most other cities view it as if you have a machine there you need to pay taxes to them.  If you pay to one city you don't pay to your home city.  The state gets theirs regardless.  I vended for 18 years and only had to add two cities  to the one I was based in and that was ONLY because I served those city's buildings.  

I could imagine the state requiring some form of tax, I will check with my state to see what's needed. Thanks!

Archived