ap 6600 going nuits

Repairman

Need a little help. I am stumped on an AP 6600 snack machine. I t is going berserk. It vends multiple products , loses  pricing, you hit A1 it vends fine you Hit   A2  then A1 and A2 run. You then hit  A3 and A1and A3 run so on so forth on all selections on the machine.. Then it will  lose all pricing and will not let you price the machine until you power down the machine and power it back up. I have had main 3 boards on it. The original and 2 repaired ones right out of the bag, new power board, changer, validator, validator harness. Have checked the touchpad  at the 2 blue plug in connections to try and determine if the touch pad was causing a problem. Have moved trays up and down in the machine to see if I could find a bad motor. Have pulled all the trays looking for loose connections, pinched wires, etc.  Have checked the plug in terminal located on the back of the machine to see if they where ok. I did not change out the touch pad.  I pulled the light bulb. Main harness problem?????. I am at a loss.

Need a little help. I am stumped on an AP 6600 snack machine. I t is going berserk. It vends multiple products , loses  pricing, you hit A1 it vends fine you Hit   A2  then A1 and A2 run. You then hit  A3 and A1and A3 run so on so forth on all selections on the machine.. Then it will  lose all pricing and will not let you price the machine until you power down the machine and power it back up. I have had main 3 boards on it. The original and 2 repaired ones right out of the bag, new power board, changer, validator, validator harness. Have checked the touchpad  at the 2 blue plug in connections to try and determine if the touch pad was causing a problem. Have moved trays up and down in the machine to see if I could find a bad motor. Have pulled all the trays looking for loose connections, pinched wires, etc.  Have checked the plug in terminal located on the back of the machine to see if they where ok. I did not change out the touch pad.  I pulled the light bulb. Main harness problem?:huh:?. I am at a loss.

You need a priest to do an exorcism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, I would've thought the board woulda fixed it for sure. I have a 6600 that was doing almost the same thing with the addition of a motor just spinning out all the product. I replaced the board twice, LED bulb, coin mech, power supply, etc. The last thing I did was take a board off of a working machine and put it on and no problems for over a year now. Oh, and I left the line filter off.

You either have  a bad motor somewhere or a wire grounding to metal. Start with the gum tray. If it's there, look underneath and look at the wires make sure nothing is touching something it shouldn't be. If no gum & mint tray, find the harness/plug. it may be touching metal.

If all that checks out, pull out every tray 6" so it's unplugged from the cabinet. If gum tray is present, leave it connected.

Press your door switch & test with money. If all checks out, slide in the F tray, push door switch and repeat. If the machine goes ape with just the gum tray, slide the tray out, slide tray A in and push the door switch & test. If A checks good by itself, leave it in, slide B in, press door switch & test.

Continue adding trays until the machine freaks. That will be the location of your problem.

Every time you change something you must press the door switch for a few seconds, you don't have to hold it. I have a beer that says it's a wire on the gum shelf.

If you can't get any results testing the machine with only one tray plugged in, then I would be very suspect of your cabinet harness in the back.  Wouldn't hurt to make sure your whole machine is grounded properly while you're at it.  There's a grounding wire near your power board that comes out of the cabinet bundle harness.  There's the outgoing ground that comes in with your power cord.  There are up to two more ground wires that come off of different harnessing in your power box.  Make sure all of the above are screwed tight to the cabinet somewhere.

Checked out gun tray. tried machine with tray and tray out. Checked for loose or shorting connections. on tray. Installed a brand new wiring harness as well as a brand new touch pad. Still does the same thing. I am going to replace the power pack . Maybe be a low voltage  problem  not letting machine operate properly.  Sorry Canteen.

Well about the  only thing that I did not do was replace the wiring harness  from the touch pad to the main board. I replaced it and  pulled a board off of an old machine I knew to be good, Went right to working. Do not really know what got it going. I had the original board plus 2 more that   I just got back from my repair  company. I will not mention their name but they are a well known reputable repair shop and I have no reason to believe that they sent me 2  bad boards backs .  So all I know is that it is now working. and  it started working after I put a used board and a touch pad wiring harness  on the machine. I retested the last board  i took off of the messed up machine and it caused the test machine to go nuts.  SO I really do not know why those boards where bad .    Oh I also replaced the powerpack and transformer in case we had a problem with possible low voltage.

Well about the  only thing that I did not do was replace the wiring harness  from the touch pad to the main board. I replaced it and  pulled a board off of an old machine I knew to be good, Went right to working. Do not really know what got it going. I had the original board plus 2 more that   I just got back from my repair  company. I will not mention their name but they are a well known reputable repair shop and I have no reason to believe that they sent me 2  bad boards backs .  So all I know is that it is now working. and  it started working after I put a used board and a touch pad wiring harness  on the machine. I retested the last board  i took off of the messed up machine and it caused the test machine to go nuts.  SO I really do not know why those boards where bad .    Oh I also replaced the powerpack and transformer in case we had a problem with possible low voltage.

That is what happened to me and that's how I fixed mine.

Archived