Wanting to get started

Madrid

Hey everyone

After carefully reading the famous beginner sticky post in this subforum I started looking into machines for sale and came across this seller who is offering the folllwing:

7 4head Uturn 

1 terminator

total price is 850i understand many recommend starting with vendstars but unfortunately i dont have access to them on the canadian market. What do you think about those prices for the uturns. Mind you they are in CDN ( 1 usd = .73 CAD aprox).

Thanks in advance for all the content I have been able to gather.

I've got about 20 uturns out on location...for now. They are a PITA when it comes to servicing. I do think there are a limited number of locations where they are ideal, I have a few that do really well every month and I couldn't get in any other equipment in the space available, they are typically overkill and you'll need spare parts out of the golpher for when things break (all the main components are plastic). When I was buying them, I never paid more than $50 USD for a machine, even the terminators.

I have used Vendstars as well. Again they have their place, usually places like factory breakrooms or places you might worry about vandalism, but they will break down more often due to being completely plastic.

Like zjtaylor said, I would recommend finding beaver/oak/northwestern machines. You'll have less issues/headaches.

Yeah, my main issue with getting into the sector is the lack of machines around my area. Even online, I get killed with the shipping fees and often they don't even ship to Toronto at all. 

Part of a reason I am considering buying from a franchise (although they are asking for a pretty significant investment $20,000 CAD (which is close to 15,000 USD).

Now, that is for 10 machines (bulk vending products worth $2), which does seem a bit excessive. They find your locations for you and provide you with product at $1 per unit sold. I am still hesitant, although returns look good.

Order one single head gumball machine from northwestern, oak, or beaver. Place it, service it, and see if you like the business. Vending is not easy or get rich quick scheme. You will be surprised how much you will learn from that one machine! Take my advice and proceed slowly.  You can thank me later!

1 hour ago, Madrid said:

Yeah, my main issue with getting into the sector is the lack of machines around my area. Even online, I get killed with the shipping fees and often they don't even ship to Toronto at all. 

Part of a reason I am considering buying from a franchise (although they are asking for a pretty significant investment $20,000 CAD (which is close to 15,000 USD).

Now, that is for 10 machines (bulk vending products worth $2), which does seem a bit excessive. They find your locations for you and provide you with product at $1 per unit sold. I am still hesitant, although returns look good.

Looks like we are entering biz op territory now. Let me do some math. New NW single head 80$ x 10 = 800. Locator fee 50$ per location x 10 = 500. Sam's Club membership 40$. Box of gumballs 20$ x 10 = 200. Total 1540$. You saved almost 14,000$.

1 hour ago, Madrid said:

Biz-ops will tell you everything you want to hear. Their job is to get your money, usually at any expense. Hell, give me half of what you're giving them and I'll drive 10 fully stocked machines to your front door and locate them for you. 

The guys u see selling 20 or 30 brand new vendstars or uturns for $100 a machine are the guys that were dumb enuf to buy into the biz op and will almost always use the phrasing they were sold on in their craigslist ad. Now they think the machines are a steal at $100  cuz they paid $250+. Nobody on this forum could be paid enuf to recommend biz op. Cuz we're nice people. Must of us anyway. Lol

I appreciate that. It is simply something I have considered because despite the investment being huge compared to other ways of gettting in to the business, their ROI does sound reasonable:

They asume 2 sales per day, with 10 machines, at each sale of $2 (and CGS is $1), you get:

Weekly profit $140, MOnthly $602 Yearly $7224. 

Does asuming 2 sales per day for each machine sound too good to be true? The product looks great quality as well.

I don't know if I'd turn that profit if I invested the same capital on $25/purchase machines.

23 minutes ago, Madrid said:

I appreciate that. It is simply something I have considered because despite the investment being huge compared to other ways of gettting in to the business, their ROI does sound reasonable:

They asume 2 sales per day, with 10 machines, at each sale of $2 (and CGS is $1), you get:

Does asuming 2 sales per day for each machine sound too good to be true? The product looks great quality as well.

I don't know if I'd turn that profit if I invested the same capital on $25/purchase machines.

That sounds like a terrible return to me. 

I recently bought some well established full line accounts, (snack and pop machines) including the machines that are worth thousands of $ each and all I paid was one year gross. So I got machines that were worth basically what I paid and I'll make the investment back in 1-2 years and still own expensive machines  

The one you're looking at will take 3+ years to get back your investment and your machines will be worthless. 

Im just getting into bulk vending and the start up costs for me will mean each location should be in profit in just a few months. But unlike you I'm just buying the machines and placing them myself. I'm looking at spending about $5000 on enough machines to do big racks in multiple accounts and each machine is about $50. So that machine will make back the $50 in a few months then all profit .

So go buy some good machines, not the junk they want $20k for. You can buy them for $30-50 easily for good beavers and you'll make money this year, not in 4. 

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 3:49 PM, Madrid said:

If you live in toronto I have more than enough beaver machines (some like new on racks even) for you to purchase for wayyyy less money. Send me a pm

Archived