Debit Card Readers?

newguy47591

Im very close to picking up our local hospital. Currently they have a glass front, a snack machine, a cold food machine.

They hate the glass front as its always broken. they are requesting from me: 1 snack, 1 frozen food, 1 regular can machine, and 1 regular 20oz unit..

The current company has credit/debit card readers on their machines. My question is..if I wanted to put these readers on my 4 machines...what will this consist of? Do I need special machines? how do the readers connect? What do the readers cost? Do I pay a monthly fee?

Sorry for all the newbie questions..but IM growing and learning

You'll need MDB equipped machines. The equipment you need to operate plugs right into MDB harness.  The card readers can be purchased through Nayax or USA Technologies.  If you purchase CC equipment you'll pay about $8/month per unit + 5.95% per transaction.

Each machine will have its own per month fee on the cc reader. You can't tie all 4 machines into a "series". The purchase of those readers is about $350 each + monthly + transaction % 

If your on a budget at the beginning you may consider to skip the can machine (unless it has energy drink cans) and add it later. I'm in a rural area and our hospital is 90% cash. The college is a lot different only about 40% cash. 

Actually, if Mars is still using their Easitrax card readers they had modules that acted as a single contact point LAN and collected all the data from any card readers in the same room to send as a consolidated batch overnight. This meant that one machine needed a card reader with the modem in it and the other machines just had the LAN versions.  Pricey but it worked and then only one monthly fee was charged for it.

Archived