Locating your Machines

Daniel S

Just make sure they know why you're there, who you are, and what you do. Always give them your card. And by them I mean the owner. Get in and get an answer and move on as fast as possible and do not see anything as any more than a yes or a no.

How often do people call you back after you give them a card?

41 minutes ago, Hoshnasi said:

How often do people call you back after you give them a card?

Never unless it's commission. Then it's rarely. The point of giving your card is less for a callback and more for getting your logo out in public. Big problem starting is that people don't know who you are.

Never unless it's commission. Then it's rarely. The point of giving your card is less for a callback and more for getting your logo out in public. Big problem starting is that people don't know who you are.

Ah. Ok, thanks for the reply. I'm just getting started. I hit the pavement last week talked to twenty locations. Five managers. No placements. Just trying to learn from all the veterans here!

1 hour ago, Hoshnasi said:

Ah. Ok, thanks for the reply. I'm just getting started. I hit the pavement last week talked to twenty locations. Five managers. No placements. Just trying to learn from all the veterans here!

No big surprise there. I'm getting about 1 location for every 10-20 pitches. What I notice is that nobody really cares about bulk. But you make a business owner care when you pitch him 30℅ return in free money. I think  doing exclusively commission from now on. Much easier to locate and to do business.

Yup most of the time they never call. I was really lucky this month, not only did they call me back they put out a survey for which candy they wanted.  This usually doesn't happen .

I have given up on stores per say but I now go after warehouses and industrial companies.   They also are not interested in comission. 

I just tried toy machines and was offering 35 percent and if thy said 40 I would just say o.k np problem. They demanded 50=60 percent  and  in its place they had empty machines that were empty for a year . You also can tell from their interaction with customers and myself who would say something basic such as good morning or good afternoon without a similar response back that they would be a hassle to deal wth unless you can just go in there and not say a word to them while servicing

I had a revelation yesterday.  I was setting up to cold-call and my wife asked if she could try.  She performed WONDERFULLY and the business owners seemed SOO much more receptive to her instead of me saying largely the same thing.  Assume all the owners were males, which sounds sexists, but still I think there is something there.

Hosh I had the same experience.  I am currently doing charity boxes in my neighborhood where I own a store and for some reason I just cant walk into stores of people I know and ask. my girlfriend on the otherhand  walks in and  bingo they are in. When I do it they ask me questions such as . Does every penny in the box go to the charity?  Do you make any money doing this?    My honesty prevails and i dont get the location and am looked at as a snakeoil salesman even though i merely asked if they would like to put in a box that helps children with cancer i am looked at as a snakeoil salesman . she is looked at as a cute version of mother theresa  

such as . Does every penny in the box go to the charity?  Do you make any money doing this?    My honesty prevails and i dont get the location and am looked at as a snakeoil salesman even though i merely asked if they would like to put in a box that helps children with cancer

Yeah I never understood the concept of every penny going to a charity. Let's say it did, then the charity would have to pay people to go out, buy machines candy and vehicles...At best it'd be the same amount going towards the actual cause in the end. But because of human error, inflation, and the unknown they'd probably get less. Not sure why people can't grasp that idea.

7 minutes ago, rebelwithoutaclue said:

Hosh I had the same experience.  I am currently doing charity boxes in my neighborhood where I own a store and for some reason I just cant walk into stores of people I know and ask. my girlfriend on the otherhand  walks in and  bingo they are in. When I do it they ask me questions such as . Does every penny in the box go to the charity?  Do you make any money doing this?    My honesty prevails and i dont get the location and am looked at as a snakeoil salesman even though i merely asked if they would like to put in a box that helps children with cancer i am looked at as a snakeoil salesman . she is looked at as a cute version of mother theresa  

You're right to be honest when you talk to potential locations. Out of the gate tell them that a portion of the proceeds goes to the charity. If they ask  for more info I tell them that I own a "for profit" vending business and  I am partnering with said charity. I will use the the example that if I have 300 charity partnered locations then the charity gets $300.00 per month which equates to $3600.00 per year. I guarantee you that most small businesses don't get near that donation amount out of their own pocket and most will react positively even if they don't accept the machine. I will also give them the NCCS website address so they can see that it is all legitimate. Be confident and prepared when you go in. This is a good deal for the charity and the vendor that large corporations do all of the time. (Ex. A portion of all burger sales goes to said charity) If you appear nervous and don't have answers ready it may appear that you are not legitimate so be prepared.

In NYC where space is limited and we are living in a day where every store has sveral people a day trying to sell them or push them to chage their phone company,credit card etc. they get jaded. feeling everybody is trying to run a scam.  Another aspect is in nyc many don't want to do anything if they are not making money.    Example try walking into  store and aski g thm nicely if they can spare 4 quarters for a dollar. I  seem to be the only storeowner that gives  and I am not even that nice of a guy

Archived