Revenue expectation

Daniel S

Hello all,

I know this may be somewhat of a convoluted question/topic, but as someone whose just starting out, I have no idea how much to expect to be making. From your experience, assuming I have one - 3 head candy machine in a decent location (not excellent, not slow, somewhere in the middle), how much on average should I revenue? Can you guys send your averages? That would be helpful.

Thank you,

1/30/2016   $19.75     4/23/16  $47     6/11/16       $20.5      9/9/16         $42.00      12/7/2016      $32.50

Those are actual figures from a location I would consider average, not stellar, not terrible. It's in a waiting room of a auto repair place. Has gumballs, Mike and Ike and I believe PMM

Can't really get many more examples right now, but that's an example of a location i'd keep and would be satisfied with. 

On 2/28/2017 at 3:13 PM, AMD Snacks said:

1/30/2016   $19.75     4/23/16  $47     6/11/16       $20.5      9/9/16         $42.00      12/7/2016      $32.50

Those are actual figures from a location I would consider average, not stellar, not terrible. It's in a waiting room of a auto repair place. Has gumballs, Mike and Ike and I believe PMM

Can't really get many more examples right now, but that's an example of a location i'd keep and would be satisfied with. 

AMD, do you usually only service your machine every 2-4 months? I was planning to service them monthly.. Also, I'm about to purchase 4 of these (see below) for $100/per. They seem to be in good condition so no refurbishing needed. what do you guys think?

I can't tell the brand of that machine. Doesn't look like a Northwestern triple play to me..nor a 1800 triple, so I'd probably pass on those. Unless its a good quality machine, they'll give you trouble more than likely. And $100 is a lot. I pay no more than $50 for a used triple. Depends on brand and availability though. My only suggestion is don't buy more than a couple over priced machines, that's one of my biggest regrets. I could've had more to show  if I was just more patient.  That being said, I don't buy new triples, doubles are just more practical.

Depends on your goals though for what you decide to run. Check craigslist, ebay, offerup, close 5, let go, whatever is popular where you live for good deals. Or if you're going to spend that kind of money  buy new Northwesterns, eagles or oaks. 

I'm not a big vending operation. I have 40 or so locations, 5 racks, and some charity boxes. I run most my bulk candy every 2-3 months. Some require monthly. For just starting, every month shouldn't kill you. Plus it gives you something to do. But after a while, you'll realize that monthly just is the difference between collecting $15-$20/month or $30-$40ish/over longer cycles. When  you have a lot of machines, you just won't get excited about a monthly $15 pull, plus gas and time. 

5 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

I can't tell the brand of that machine. Doesn't look like a Northwestern triple play to me..nor a 1800 triple, so I'd probably pass on those. Unless its a good quality machine, they'll give you trouble more than likely. And $100 is a lot. I pay no more than $50 for a used triple. Depends on brand and availability though. My only suggestion is don't buy more than a couple over priced machines, that's one of my biggest regrets. I could've had more to show  if I was just more patient.  That being said, I don't buy new triples, doubles are just more practical.

Depends on your goals though for what you decide to run. Check craigslist, ebay, offerup, close 5, let go, whatever is popular where you live for good deals. Or if you're going to spend that kind of money  buy new Northwesterns, eagles or oaks. 

I'm not a big vending operation. I have 40 or so locations, 5 racks, and some charity boxes. I run most my bulk candy every 2-3 months. Some require monthly. For just starting, every month shouldn't kill you. Plus it gives you something to do. But after a while, you'll realize that monthly just is the difference between collecting $15-$20/month or $30-$40ish/over longer cycles. When  you have a lot of machines, you just won't get excited about a monthly $15 pull, plus gas and time. 

Thanks for the reply. Here are pictures of the actual machines, maybe you'll be able to identify them better.. Looks like it says LYPC on the mechs. Are those good?

Displaying image3.JPG

I don't own any LYPC's so I can't say from experience. Here's a thread on them 

If you haven't already, don't pass up reading the beginner's guide sticky in the bulk forum, and you can find lots of info through google search. Just use this format ( SUBJECT vendiscuss.net) in this example I typed lypc vendiscuss.net in google and found quite a few threads on it. 

2 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

I don't own any LYPC's so I can't say from experience. Here's a thread on them 

If you haven't already, don't pass up reading the beginner's guide sticky in the bulk forum, and you can find lots of info through google search. Just use this format ( SUBJECT vendiscuss.net) in this example I typed lypc vendiscuss.net in google and found quite a few threads on it. 

Yeah I found it too, thanks! seems like good reviews so far. It appears that I could have gotten new machines from a website for $169 (discounted from 199), however, that doesn't include shipping that can ring up another couple hundred dollars. Here I can just pick it up and I will also request a live demonstration from the seller so I guess that's worth something..

Archived