Something interesting

QuikVend

Saw these posted and thought they looked interesting. It's a 9-way rack that is wired to a control board. It has adjustable pricing from $.25 to $99.99. No coin mechs. Anybody else ever seen these before? 

Screenshot_2017-03-01-15-43-46

I think it's an A&A "EBV", A&A, Northwestern, and Toy n Joy (long defunct) experimented with the concept some years ago. Never took off. They worked with varying degrees of reliability. I think that the problem was that the cost of the units was not supportable by the volume of most bulk vending locations. It didnot delivery a significant improvement in sales over a old school mechanical rack.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen these in action. I've got some pictures, they were at a resort hotel I stayed at a few years back. The system they had was the "Sammy/Sega" system, and it's the only one I've ever seen in the wild- it was similar to the "Discapa" system in styling.

Being able to hook a DBA to bulk is going to slowly but surely become a necessity if cap toys are to remain competitive, but we'll see what happens. With so many manufacturers dropping out of the game, I'm not sure what the future holds there.

I believe the push behind the EBV and a couple of similar units was from national sized operators trying to respond to client requests (Walmart) for better accountability. At the end of it all I think all involved realized it was not going to be economically feasible 

There are several people and company's that are currently in the testing phases in the field with CC readers. I think the only places that will be viable will be bigger locations with that equipment. 

Archived