Rowe 5900 not taking bills

moondog

I have a Rowe 5900 that keeps flashing "use exact change" even though the coin mech is full of coins.  Does anybody remember how to wake this thing up as apparently it can't see the tube sensors.  It's a real shame Rowe made such a well built machine only to hire as flock of turkeys to design the electronics  (no machine should need more than one board in it )

4 hours ago, lacanteen said:

Try making several vends with just quarters. There's also a way to manually tell it how many coins are there but it's been over 20 years since I've done it.

Yep, I did the "feed it coins" thing to no avail/  Can't remember the programming on this dinosaur

1 Make sure the door switch is working.

2 Open the door.

3 Press the mode button

4 Press the 1 key

5 The display will show the number of nickels the computer thinks, are present in the coin mech.

6 Press the 1 key to increase the number. Press the 2 key to decrease the number. Press the 0 key to change coin type.

7 press reset key to exit.

Later versions of the software have a coin level option that will not skip all the steps in menu #5

Walta

15 hours ago, CajunCandy said:

Lol!

A Rowe?

I thought you only owned AP machines?

This one's stuck in a hole at a location I should just dump.  I'd swap it for a 7600 if I could figure out how to get it out.

17 hours ago, Walta said:

1 Make sure the door switch is working.

2 Open the door.

3 Press the mode button

4 Press the 1 key

5 The display will show the number of nickels the computer thinks, are present in the coin mech.

6 Press the 1 key to increase the number. Press the 2 key to decrease the number. Press the 0 key to change coin type.

7 press reset key to exit.

Later versions of the software have a coin level option that will not skip all the steps in menu #5

Walta

Thanks Walt

Archived