Chilled

TKK

So im getting an act and ive posted about frozen food already and thanks for the input. This place has a carosel crane machine. I wanted to put hot pockets and uncrustables but i noticed its hard for me to find a frozen machine right now. I found a usi ivend chill center which i used to have, its those 5 wide snack machine looking ones with a compressor and big spirals. What can you stock on those? Can those be frozen as well or only chilled? The carosel they had had chef boyardee, and ramen.

2 hours ago, Technivend said:

The only USI that freezes is the Alpine combi 3000 which does work surprisingly well. It is fully frozen, fully refrigerated or 1/2 & 1/2. 

http://www.uselectit.com/wfData/files/AlpineCombi3000.pdf

I've got three of these out, all fully frozen.

The oldest one (5 years) has ice buildup around the door seal. Door seal isn't heated. Shelves like to 'fall out' of the shelf guides. But other than those issues, it works well. 

The second one only has one little spot where the heated door seal doesn't seem to reach. No big deal. These shelves like to fall out on occasion too. 

The third is one was purchased new in September of 2016. Heated door seal and glass work well. Had condensation in between the glass, but USI sent a repairman to change the glass out. That lead to a few other issues, all since resolved. Shelves are the most stable of the three, but I would hope they fix this weak shelf system in future models. $6,000 should buy a more robust shelving system. 

But it's USI so don't hold your breath on meaningful upgrades to you shelves, door seal heaters that go to all corners of the door, etc.  They are a great snack and soda machine manufacturer but they cut way too many corners on cold and frozen machines.  I swear that their refrigeration engineers are trying to undermine the vending industry with their poor designs.

Got a great deal it looks brand new. I got the chill center, an ivend 4 wide, and a cb300 stand alone (the one w the lighthouse), for $2100. 

What do u guys sell in your cold food machines? I got approached by deli express for sandwhiches. They sell them for like 3 bucks and u sell em for like 4.sucky margins. I was thinking ramen, chef boyarde, etc. Those hot pockets and things have to be frozen right?

Archived