NPR?

TKK

Ive seen them recomended on here a few times. I use 10 and 12ft box trucks with side doors for snack and drinks with shelves they are absolutely perfect. Well a vendor here retiring offered me a 2007 NPR 14ft. Its stick shift with 58,000 miles for $9000. I saw it a while back when he got kicked out to move vending machines it looked easy. Hed put on the lift, take off the dolly, raise the lift, put the dolly again, strap on the sides. Then he had product in the rear as well. I currently like my setup, i use a 14x7.5 ft trailer that i raised the sides, has a winch, custom steel 8ft ramps. You have to open the gate, pull the ramps set em side to side, then with a dolly or pallet jack walk the machine up the ramps and strap em. The wunch attaches to the dolly for those heavy machines like cb700s etc. Works really well. What i like is ive gone out of town to get machines with it since i use my crewmax tundra and it serves more purposes. The NPR i think is more for the business only.  Should i sell the traile (2500) and the 10ft box truck (10,00) and use just the npr, or just stick to what i have. Id buy it to try to resell as theres one 4 hrs away with 280k miles for 6500 so it may have a bit of equity but i dont wanna have money tied up especially purchasing a warehouse.

TKK,

I have very little to offer to you about your predicament unfortunately, only to say that from my point of view, that truck seems like a pretty good deal.  Depending on your relationship with the retiring vendor, (how long have you known him, do you trust him, etc.), I think it would be a good investment to either use it, or try and flip it.  It also depends if you have that amount of cash laying around to go down that road.  As soon as I say all that, I'm a firm believer of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  Sounds like you have everything working pretty well for you as is. 

On a side note, is there any way you could take a couple pictures, or a video of the trailer you use to move your equipment?  My partner and I do this for a living.  We have about 100 machines out on location.  We feel like we are very good at what we do.  All that being said, we are idiots when it comes to moving machines and are looking for a more permanent, safer way to transport our machines.  As of now, if we move a snack machine (that isn't a new one), we slide it on it's back into the back of our pick up truck.  Not the best way to do it I know, but it's pretty safe, and simple.  If we have a newer snack machine, or a drink machine, we rent a box truck with a lift gate and move them that way.  The huge flaw in this method is all the trucks we have ever rented have lift gates that aren't nearly big enough.  We end up barely getting the machine on the lift gate, and then as we lift it up, it always sways, and looks like it is going to fall off at any second.  Thank God, and knock on wood that we've never had one fall and someone get injured, but we are looking for a different, more safe way to move our machines.  We have been wanting to go with a trailer like the one you described for years.  We have just never had the cash laying around, nor been motivated enough to make it happen.  Any details you could give me about where you got yours, costs, pros, cons, etc. would be much appreciated.  

Thanks

Rmorris has one of those Air-Tow trailer! He loves it, does a darn good job for moving machines. I seen seven machines at one time on his trailer! He pulls it with a 1/2 ton Ford Eco-boost truck, truck don't strain at all to tow trailer fully loaded!

I myself came upon a JLG powerlift trailer that can handle three machines. it's a 2005 model and works great.

Archived