Cold food products

TKK

So setting my first one. I notice alot of people do alot of chef boyardee things, ramen etc. I saw the 10ct bbq rib, chicken sandwhich, and burgers from sams they are like $1.20-$1.50 cost. I was approached by deli express who have maybe 60 types of foods. Subs, sandwhiches, cooler door burritos, etc. Their products range from $1.73 to $3.39. What do u guys use? Also those sandwhiches, hot pockets, uncrustables, all have to be kept frozen right? Or are they feozen then once put in the chill center have a few days of life? 

I know some frozen product, like Hot Pockets, is meant to stay frozen; plus it's complicated to microwave.   From the few I have done I would have to say start with the basics, mostly from Sam's - cheeseburgers sell well, and in some places sausage biscuits and the like.   Most product will tell you on the box or wrapper what the refrigerated life is, for Jimmy Dean it's usually 7 days for example.  Unless I know for sure the shelf life is longer (i.e. wedge sandwiches from some makers) I will date everything no more than 10 days.  I use a pricing gun to date the products when I take them out of the storage freezer. 

4 hours ago, TKK said:

Well im sure theres a few of you using these products that may know? 

If I was you l would be getting advise from the manufacturer.

I know of a guy who thought that he could vend frozen product out of a refrigerated machine... until staff members started getting  food poisoning.

Southeast do u sell the sams chimichangas? I saw the rib sandwhich, chicken sandwhich, angus burger, breakfast burritos, breakfast muffin w sausage etc. The packaging just says on all go from freezer to microwave. I wanted to sell uncrustables as well...

One issue is that frozen foods like many of the ones mentioned are supposed to be frozen not only for the shelf life but also because the cookinginstructions are based off of frozen products.  When it's thawed,the instructions will cause it to be overcooked. 

Thanks for the tips and info guys. So for those who have cold food machines what else do u guys stock? And from the ones i listed if tou stock them how long do you do it for? I may just go to walmart and buy those cold meals or like the non refrigerated ready to serve stuff like chunky stews, cheff boyardee etc

Archived