New Machine company - anybody know them?

vt-250.jpg

Issue Date: Vol. 57, No. 3, March 2017, Posted On: 3/8/2017

Spain's Azkoyen Group Opens U.S. Vending Machine Manufacturing Operation

by Staff Reporter

TAGS: Azkoyen Group, vending machine manufacturer, Azkoyen U.S. division, coffee vending machines, Si Rawls

PARALTA, Spain -- Azkoyen Group, a leading European vending machine manufacturer, has reportedly formed a U.S. division.

Based in Peralta, Spain, with operations in the UK, Germany, France, Belgium and Colombia, Azkoyen said it sees the U.S. as an emerging market for the technology and innovation for which its coffee machines are known for in Europe. The company also makes snack, cold drink and cigarette vending machines.

Azkoyen U.S. will be headquartered near Charlotte, NC. It will be managed by Si Rawls, an industry veteran who previously was an account executive at Vistar and district operations manager of Canteen Vending.

Interesting...

We are in the southeast so having them nearby may be cool way down the road but we are pretty happy with the AMS machines that we buy.  Unless they have some crazy new technology, or can consistently beat AMS's quality and prices, I don't see us dealing with them.  Who knows though.  May need a coffee machine years down the road and they may have to one to get.

I don't care who's running it, this will be no better than the introduction of Jofemar and Wurlitzer machines.  After a few years the installed base will be so small it will be insignificant.  A world economy hasn't come to vending machines.

I don't have any experience with Azkoyen machines but I do with one of their other brands names called "coffetek" which are manufactured in the UK. 

I doubt that they will actually start manufacturing any machines in the US like they are stating in the "Vending Times" article... I would guess that they are more trying to enter the US market with their range of hot beverage equipment. 

I have four Azkoyen FAN drink machines that came with two businesses I took over. None of them are in working condition, so I can't speak to what they are like to run. falls sent me manuals on them so I may have a play with them if I ever get a chance, but I am unlikely to use them in my business as they are too old, and was told as much by my local distributor, who did say that their coffee and cigarette machines are better than their drink machine and combos.

If a vending machine isn't made in the United States, no one should buy it.  Anyone who does will regret it - someday.  All manufacturers here aren't perfect either, but you can at least get parts and support in form or another.

• 3 months later...

Jofemar are great machines and if azkoyen decides to open an actual office they should survive... btw jofemar 16 years in the US already... at what point does one say they are not a fly by night company ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 8 Jofemar machines that were from a HUMAN healthy franchise. They are great machines, easy to service and operate and very few misvends. Ive only had 1 real problem (coin mech) and it was easy to order parts online. Have any of you naysayers actually seen or used a Jofemar machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Equipment that I buy must be able to stand up in harsh environments: Shipyards, oil refineries, salt mines, sugar mills, etc. We have a sugar mill that we have to replace the snack machine ever 2 years because of the mud and dust. How would you refurbish a Jofemar machine  from these conditions? That's why I use Crane and A/P machines. That's why I get rid of older (2009 & older) USI machines because I can't make them look nice and they are not worth the money, to me, to upgrade to DEX.

But that's the difference between running a 4,000 machine fleet vs. a 40 machine fleet. In fact, we met yesterday to determine which machines on location need replaced, and which ones need refurbishment/update, so that we can have 100% cashless available.

I bought 8 Jofemar machines from a  Healthy vending guy for .20 cents on the dollar in 2013 because he couldn't get any repair support. 

Four years later, I have two left, both with bad compressors that I am using as snack only machines.

They definitely have all the bells and whistles, but they are not easy to repair. (Check out some of the videos they have online...the tech guy doing the videos has trouble)

They are also hard to load compared to the Crane machines I have

Archived