USI machine with ICT note reader issue

Thais

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new on the business and I am now learning how to operate my machines. Our USI combo has some issue with the note reader which is not working and not accepting notes at all. It is our best machine even working only on coins, so it is really important to fix it asap.

Power is ON (I can see a red light inside), and the green led bellow blinks 7 times. The description for Errors Codes goes from 1 to 6 blinks, so I have no idea what 7 means.

I have already filled the change that was quite low (about 40% in one of them), but it didn't help.

I am wondering if it is just the case of cleaning the sensor? Any other clue I could investigate?58c0ee81d6d04_notereader.PNG.6cea5f1f7d327640eecad50de566a3a3.PNG

Thank you everyone!

Thais

note reader 2.PNG

UsI VM.PNG

I have 7 machines with ICT bill validators installed. I have had great success with them. However, when they stop taking bills and are blinking I send them to ICT for repair. When you call ICT they will give you an RMA number. It takes about 3 weeks before you will see it again. Overall a great company. Mine are 11 years old and going strong but they have all been repaired and updated for new currency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys for response. I tried to contact ICT and never heard back from then. I will try to investigate as a motor error and I hope we can fix ourselves. we are struggling to remove the bill path, maybe blocked for some reason and that's why causing the error. but will work out. thanks!

It looks like a USI Alpine machine.  If that's the case, you'll save a lot of time and money by simply buying another MDB validator.  I'd check into getting a refurbished Mars VN 2512 or 2712.  You could end up spending a lot of time trying to fix something that might be out of your league, and that time could also cost you enough money to pay for the refurbished validator.

Archived