DN501E Not Accepting Money

Brian211

Hey everyone,

So to say I'm new at this, would be an understatement.  We had some vending machines in our office building that were abandoned.  So I volunteered to keep them filled, thinking it would be fairly simple... Wrong.

The one I'm referencing here is a DN501E.  The problem with it right now is that it's not accepting any money.  The Conlux (NBM-3140) bill validator won't accept bills, and even the coins go straight through to the change return.

The only thing that gives me more info is the status light on the Conlux blinks 4 times in a row, then starts over.  According to the sticker, 4 flashes = disabled from the controller.  I've checked the connections coming from all of the wires and they all look good.  

So is the bill validator bad?  And would that be related to the fact that it won't accept coins either?  Attached are the photos of the things mentioned, but I can get more if need be.  

Any help you all could provide would be GREATLY appreciated! 

-Brian

Vending1.JPG

Vending2.JPG

The tubes show enough change.  What does the display show when the door is closed?  What does it show if you press a selection button with the door closed?  If it displays no errors and shows the price of any button you press than you may have a bad coin mech.  There could be other issues such as the machine has no product in it which will show sold out on the display and, of course, not accept any money.  

Be wary of abandoned machines because the owner could reappear at any time and claim ownership again.  Do you have any idea how long they were abandoned and how the management tried to contact the owner?

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I've got enough change and stock in the machine currently.  The display just shows $0.65, like it's ready to go.  Its just that the bill validator won't take bills and the coins all just drop to the change slot.

Do the coin mech and bill validator work hand in hand?  I'm assuming they'd have to, but I just wanted to be sure since I am getting the 4-blinking light error on the bill validator.  I guess what I'm asking is, if the BV stops working, would someone still be able to pay with coins?  

Or could the issue be one level deeper than the coin mech and BV?  (maybe the board they both plug into, or something...?)

And yes, we've tried to contact the owner many, many, times. We bagged up the money and took inventory of stock for them if they ever come calling for it.  It was left at the beginning of November of this past year, and to my knowledge, it was working great before that time.

Check all your selections and see if they all show sold out.  If so then you don't have those columns properly set up to satisfy the sold out paddle.  If they all show a price then tip the top of the coin mech down toward you by pushing the top latches up.  If the red LED behind there is lit then you have a bad coin mech because it should accept coins when the LED is on.  If the LED is off then make sure the coin mech is plugged in to the machine, but don't plug it in unless you have powered the machine off.   Your coin mech and validator are connected in series so a bad coin mech will disable the validator.  

The validator is an MDB validator which means the coin mech is probably MDB as well. While these plug into each other they can work independently of each other. If the price set is in a whole dollar increment, the validator may actually accept bills as there is no change required. The 501 came with different boards in it but I would suggest unplugging the machine and check the main board for fuses. If the motor circuit fuse is blown, then it can put the whole machine down. Failing that, try changing the prices to $1.00 and see if that works. If changing the price allows the bills to work, then it would be a coin mech problem. 

Archived