Credit Card Charged Nothing Vended - Nayax credit card machine

Hey guys I have an interesting problem,

My account of 2 years asked me to lower my prices from $1.00 sodas to $0.75 sodas. SO I did that regretfully, but added a $0.06 CC charge then today they called me to say the CC machine charged someone but nothing was vended?

Is there some kind of disconnect?

Why is this? Its a Vendo Soda Machine.

Usa tech approves the card for the highest item in the machine when swiped. Do not mistake a pending charge for a settled charge. The only company I know of that approves it for the actual vended amount is crane I cant speak for nayax but im willing to bet it's like usa tech 

2 hours ago, PHX1 said:

Usa tech approves the card for the highest item in the machine when swiped. Do not mistake a pending charge for a settled charge. The only company I know of that approves it for the actual vended amount is crane I cant speak for nayax but im willing to bet it's like usa tech 

That's also how Nayax works, it approves for a predefined amount.

Courtesy Vending, check your transaction monitor and see if the transaction is settled. Get the four last digits from the card used and the date and do a search. If it's settled it's most likely a misvend, jammed coulomn over the sold out paddle or something, possibly a bad sold out switch?

As long as the Nayax system is communicating (which it is) and gives credits to the machine the problem is within the machine.

I have only seen improper charges when there was a bad data connection and the system was set to approve the transaction after the selection was made.  If there is a long delay in approving the charge the vending machine can time out but the credit system has no way to know that happens...

UPDATE: I fixed it by unplugging the machine, and unjamming the coin mech..

The downside, I created a new problem. My bill acceptor only works untill a CC is swiped. Once a CC is swiped the MEI bill acceptor turns off.. I did have a coin mech JAM so I unplugged the coin mech from the Nayax CC reader so I am thinking that has something to do with it.

MEI bill acceptor series 2000 says disconnected from the Mech (Blinks twice). 

Any advice?

Thank you all.

Once you swipe a card and set a credit with the card the validator and coin mech will be disabled until the completion of that transaction.  If the validator continues to be disabled after the card transaction is completed then your card reader is the root of the issue unless Nayax says you maybe need to upgrade the eprom in the logic board.

4 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Once you swipe a card and set a credit with the card the validator and coin mech will be disabled until the completion of that transaction.  If the validator continues to be disabled after the card transaction is completed then your card reader is the root of the issue unless Nayax says you maybe need to upgrade the eprom in the logic board.

I think you're on to something about the CC reader.. however I can reactivate the bill validator after clicking a random product button after the transaction has been completed..

12 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

You will also see the message on the card reader change to "cash only" when money has been inserted.  You can't mix cash and cashless payments in the same transaction.

I get that notification, but thats not the problem. This is the order of the events that are my problem:

0. Bill Accepter is online

1. CC swipe. Bill acceptor turns off. Completely normal.

2. Item is vended

3. Bill Accepter never comes back on, on its own at least, after CC transaction is complete the Bill acceptor will stay off till someone pushes a random button.

4. Once a random product button is push (even the coin return button) the bill acceptor turns back on.

check your cashless settings and be sure options to make multiple purchases are turned off and that your time out settings are reasonable.  Although if that were the problem pushing another selection button should result in a vend, there may be conflicts between different time out settings.  Is Nayax tech support working with you on this?

It could be as Southeast Treats is saying, you could have multiple purchases enabled. Or there may be a problem with your predefined-sale settings, talk to Nayax and ask them to set your parameters to default. But I rather think this is a eprom problem within your machine, check your version with nayax tech support. 

11 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

You will also see the message on the card reader change to "cash only" when money has been inserted.  You can't mix cash and cashless payments in the same transaction.

A bit off-topic: I would have thought that this would be self-evident, but I got a call from a user on Sunday saying my machine wasn't working when it turned out he was trying to pay $2 in cash and put 20 cents on the card. Seriously? 20 cents would hardly even cover my CC processing fees.

Archived