Northwestern sold?

vendtex

I sent northwestern a message this morning and this is the reply I got

Northwestern's last day of shipping is Thursday, March 23rd.  Our last day of business is March 31st.  I will forward any new request or order to the new owners when they take over.  If you have an order here, please be sure we are doing our best to get it out the door before the end of business tomorrow.

Thank you and it has been a pleasure working with all of you for the past 14 years.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this will be a good thing. I believe they'll be back open with in a few weeks. A company that big I would assume would set up "lean manufacturing" and lower overhead cost. 

Pat on the back to A & A, although not selling machines or parts anymore there website finally has online ordering capabilities with prices and shipping quotes.    

Hopefully NW has some more competitive pricing and maybe starts offering refurbs like Oak. 

11 minutes ago, musser said:

No pat on the back for A&A from me.

Well not selling machines and parts certainly is disappointing. I don't disagree there.  Hopefully between Oak and NW parts will be available reasonably priced.

In as much as A&A Oak and Northwestern "look alike" parts and machines were cheap copies of the original work, I don't miss them.  I do miss the real thing. Oak and Northwestern did not modernize their manufacturing and paid a price for that. But maybe the money was no longer there to do that because the income from their original work was siphoned off by knock offs. Just sayin.

Archived