Buying new or refurbed?

TKK

So i can get the black diamond usi 3 wides for 2900. 4 wides 3100. 5 wides 3400. Cb500s at 3400 each. New w 2 year warranty. 

Or some of these...

Refurbished snacks with optics

TS
Terry J Schopfer <tschopfer@msn.com>
Sat 3/25/2017 4:09 PM
Inbox

To:
thekandykornerz@hotmail.com;
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1jZGEwLWM4MmEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD9zzykYpJ30CnEStbGu2u0QcAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAgEMAAAAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAOZvGJMAAAABEgAQAFpdVTXbHcpEiQyJOBQ4wmA%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=QP0Ayx0TXk-LIVOomYBzA3DHRFPMc9QYnv_YaKD6Uh8LLIpUfAYccPvMBzrStu1LX2v_CMcGvPg.&token=d2aab28a-1cac-47e3-924d-0269edd1c54b&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1jZGEwLWM4MmEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD9zzykYpJ30CnEStbGu2u0QcAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAgEMAAAAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAOZvGJMAAAABEgAQAGp8Tlc7IOhJrFfujCy7ge4%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=QP0Ayx0TXk-LIVOomYBzA3DHRFPMc9QYnv_YaKD6Uh8LLIpUfAYccPvMBzrStu1LX2v_CMcGvPg.&token=d2aab28a-1cac-47e3-924d-0269edd1c54b&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1jZGEwLWM4MmEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD9zzykYpJ30CnEStbGu2u0QcAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAgEMAAAAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAOZvGJMAAAABEgAQADEhdgixV7VJlA2UVNDdXq0%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=QP0Ayx0TXk-LIVOomYBzA3DHRFPMc9QYnv_YaKD6Uh8LLIpUfAYccPvMBzrStu1LX2v_CMcGvPg.&token=d2aab28a-1cac-47e3-924d-0269edd1c54b&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1jZGEwLWM4MmEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD9zzykYpJ30CnEStbGu2u0QcAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAgEMAAAAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAOZvGJMAAAABEgAQAFGRmh5%2FyClDl8Sw%2F0Bh8jk%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=QP0Ayx0TXk-LIVOomYBzA3DHRFPMc9QYnv_YaKD6Uh8LLIpUfAYccPvMBzrStu1LX2v_CMcGvPg.&token=d2aab28a-1cac-47e3-924d-0269edd1c54b&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1jZGEwLWM4MmEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD9zzykYpJ30CnEStbGu2u0QcAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAgEMAAAAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAOZvGJMAAAABEgAQAOGkGJ686vxNsXKQyuey7KE%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=QP0Ayx0TXk-LIVOomYBzA3DHRFPMc9QYnv_YaKD6Uh8LLIpUfAYccPvMBzrStu1LX2v_CMcGvPg.&token=d2aab28a-1cac-47e3-924d-0269edd1c54b&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1jZGEwLWM4MmEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD9zzykYpJ30CnEStbGu2u0QcAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAgEMAAAAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAOZvGJMAAAABEgAQACWk9EqBUK5KgnLzDd797AY%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=zriz-yWAF06XhFlp9HTzDtASpFPMc9QY6RThVZ9lop8eYQHmIzWLrWz_xAfHBhxz9YgeDHp6uyY.&token=d2aab28a-1cac-47e3-924d-0269edd1c54b&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1jZGEwLWM4MmEtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD9zzykYpJ30CnEStbGu2u0QcAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAgEMAAAAXQs5U7fPwUGoNUwHX0pj9QAAAOZvGJMAAAABEgAQABs9I7dokhJIromPoeS2ab4%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=zriz-yWAF06XhFlp9HTzDtASpFPMc9QY6RThVZ9lop8eYQHmIzWLrWz_xAfHBhxz9YgeDHp6uyY.&token=d2aab28a-1cac-47e3-924d-0269edd1c54b&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1
Show all 7 attachments (1 MB)
Save all to OneDrive - Personal

Evernote

The first two pic's National 148 & 147 with VE kit w/optics qty is 147-2 and 148-5  Price $1,200. Ea.

Third pic is of AP 933 with original golden eye there are 4 of them @ $1,400.ea.

first and second pic second row is National 780 surevend but is refrigerated so price is higher @ $2,000. only 1 in stock

third pic second row is AP113 and AP112(4 wide version) can be done with VE kits for $900 each have about 10 of those...

third row is National 432 food @$2,500.  not sure you need any foods but thought I would send along...

Hope this answers your questions.

I can put them on a truck for you at $800 for half truck or you can rent a Penske one way 26 ft for about $500 they hold 16 units.

Im teying to see what my best option is. I love the new usis but at almost double the price, however they finance them thats only if i buy 30 or more. Im going away from old equipment because of the problems. Although the usi the spirals seem to sometimes come off and they never go back normally like it should have a clip or something...

Ill be needing about 80 to 150 machines. Is it worth getting the new ones?

Where will you put 80-150 machines at once? It would be 15 k just to fill the coin mechs! If it was my decision I would go with the refurbs unless the accounts require new machines. You can always get a business loan from your bank as long as all your tax records are good. 

19 minutes ago, Anacapa Vending said:

Always buy everything used or refurbished in life accept for bedding and clothes. :D

That's not always the case. In some situations, in order to remain competitive you may have to buy new equipment unless you want to loose out on accounts(s). 

Quality of the used units?  That would be a lot of used equipment to troubleshoot and keep working all at once.   

Financing cost of new?  If you are buying from USI ask how they compute their interest.  Last I knew, they used an uncommon (but very legal) method to front load all the interest, and that will raise your total cost quite a bit.  (Add-on interest, look it up). 

Financing cost of used?  Look around at financing options from Firestone, FirstLease, and others who are used to the vending industry.  Your local bank may not want to accept the machines as sufficient collateral.  (You could used these guys for new as well).

Being able to roll out standard units means you could also standardize planograms, spare parts, etc.... makes life easier. 

During my growth phase, it has been all about used equipment.  Now that I am almost where I want to be in terms of revenue, I will start to switch things up and focus entirely on newer and/or brand new models only.  I don't ever see myself standardizing all of the machines and parts, but I can see myself scrapping more and more machines that were never MDB compatible.  If I don't scrap them, I will sell a chunk of the business.

Another thought, since this is probably a school bid - a 3 or 4 wide would be fine for the teacher's lounges, but you want max capacity for the student machines, and no more than one candy size row.  With that many locations you want to have a decent service interval and small machines would get cleaned out daily....

I dont think i want to bid on the teachers lounge. The one im in makes maybe 70 a month in snacks...i may just bid on the student machine drinks and snacks. Thats 50 less machines

The only snacks that can be sold at school for consumption during school must meet the "Smart Snack" guidelines.  Snacks sold between the hours of midnight and 30 minutes after the students are dismissed must meet the guidelines.  The guidelines are different for K-4, 5-8 and 9-12.  O and schools can make the guidelines stricter if they want to.

https://www.healthiergeneration.org/take_action/schools/snacks_and_beverages/smart_snacks/alliance_product_calculator/

This is the calculator my school district uses, its interesting you can have a 20 oz Diet Pepsi but only a .75oz bag of cheez-its.

Nic

I cant find many items in the smart calculator that work. Only pop chips and those are hirrible sellers. Not even sun chips or popcorn. But in their list they show 1oz doritos but the calculator doesnt aprove them. Any of u guys have smart snacks?

You have to use the low fat doritos variety, 1 oz size, they have it in 3 flavors (sweet chili was my best seller by far) if you can find a supplier.  I was able to special order thru vistar but had to get 5 cases at a time, fortunately those sold well enough that it was not a problem.  Be careful not to overorder going into break times tho!

yeah, ill get the PDF tomorrow of the list they put out.  I sell some snacks in my classroom as a fundraiser, teaching an underfunded program is great...  We can actually order some items through the district but case sizes are crazy, all that information is on the PDF.

Items that I have:

Trix, CoCo puffs and cinnamon toast crunch cereal bars about 1.42 oz (these are the ones without the layer of frosting/milk in the middle or bottom)

CHeez-Its Atomic .75oz

Nutrigrain bars Strawberry, apple cinnamon, blueberry and cherry 1.3oz

Nature Valley Oats and Honey crunchy granola bars 1.5oz

Gold Fish cheddar Whole Grain .75oz 

Gold Fish Cinnamon Whole Grain .9 oz

Chex Mix Hot and Spicy 1oz

Drinks are tougher...

Gatorade G2 12oz bottles only the 20oz bottles have too much sugar for a 20oz drink

Propel 16.9oz bottles

I think im going to go for it. Im assuming the 55 accounts will make about $120,000 a month. Thats about 1.5 mil a year gross. At 40% cogs, 15% comission, 10% taxes and service... i should still net 30 to 35%. For a contract of 6 years. If i bought 60 new snack and 60 new cb500s id be at about 380k in equipment. I just found out without the bv and coin mechs i can save $250 a machine new. Thats about $30,000. I can get 120 mechs/bv new mei for $25 a piece. I should be able to get a roi in less than a year and would have these new assets. The 5 wide black diamond usis 3200 and the bc500 3200. I may get coke to put machines in the break rooms

Thats ofcourse if i get the bid. But id assume its entizing getting brand new machines and having non coke or pepsi products as the other vendors all pair w coke and pepsi. I dont think coke has smart snack drinks?  Maybe the minute maids and waters? I mean i guess i could save and just buy the snack and get coke to supply me the drink machines? Id have to buy a new box truck, and hire another 2 people at least.

I doubt all 120 of the machines will sell the minimum needed to reach 120k a month. These types of contracts have accounts that are horrible but you have to take them anyways. 

Archived