Needed: DOS software for Unicorn Self Serve system 3000

RickyOh

Hi,

I have been seaching the web for DOS software for a Unicorn Serlf serve 3000 wall mounted vending machine. I need it to update the machine for the new coins here in Sweden.

According to the manual it is called: "system 3000 dispenser operating system".

I have emailed Unicorn but they can not send me the software because it is an outdated model.

Also, If anyone has the 4-pin serial lead - I also need to know the pins. I can guess but better safe than sorry.

.Ricky

Have you tried reaching out to companies in Sweden such as Norpay or VP cashless? They have been in the vending business a long time, and could have some leads to where you can find what you are looking for.

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Holy Cow!  DOS?  That disappeared in 1990.  Time to join the 2000s my man.  No one will have anything about DOS operated machines any longer.

You see, in Sweden they use FAX instead of SMS, and 3.5" floppy disc's for data transfer;D

I have emailed one company here that works with vending machines - they have never heard of this machine.

Unicorn have promised to update it for me for 50 pounds + shipping if I send them the coin track though.

Dos "disappeared" with Windows XP in 2001 BTW. I have no problem with using a DOS program. In fact it sounds kind of convenient to have the program on one bootable floppy.

The manual is from January 2000, maybe they made a Windows-version later, I don't know.  Either way, they are not giving it to me because the machine was "discontinued".

And no, we don't use 3.5" floppies for data transfer. I use Compact flash (or SDHC) to IDE converters for my DOS transfer needs.

Archived