Royal 282 and mei 2501 u3 validator

I told you in another post that you should really show us a picture of what's inside the machine, or at least give us more information on the coin mech, board, etc...  The Royals I have worked on had 24v coin mechs, so something like a 9302-L or TRC 6010 (I think) should be compatible units.  You should try those if you can get a spare, or try another 2501/2511 bill acceptor.

You'll know your door switch works properly if the machine goes back into sales mode when you push the door closed, and it displays sales data with the door open, unless it's single price.

The coin mech could have some sort of a tube sensor error that doesn't allow the validator to work, but I would think that would only apply on a single price machine.  If it has a board, I would think that the machine would say "use exact change" or something along those lines if the tube sensor was messed up, unless multiple tubes were messed up.

The validator could simply be bad.

Without having at least a KNOWN good validator and KNOWN good coin mech to test it all out with, it's difficult to determine what the problem could be.  It could also be a board problem but I doubt it.

Well, at least we know it has a control board.  You should really be specific with the coin mech though because the 9300 is the series and not the actual model number.  A 9300-L, 9302-L, 9300-S, and so on are model numbers.

Did you have enough change in both coin mechs?  And, when you tried the other board, could you at least verify if the validator worked?

• 4 weeks later...

There are too many variables as to what could be wrong here but an experienced tech could probably figure this out very quickly. You just don't give enough detail in what's going on. What you are doing is the equivalent of calling a mechanic and asking "what's wrong with my car? It makes a weird sound." Without more detail, it's nearly impossible to come up with a definite diagnosis. 

If you really want help with this, then you need to be responsive to questions.  If you don't have the time or desire to be detailed,  then you're on your own.

Archived