Bevmax display goes out

Did you have this problem before?  It's been debated as to whether or not the soldered connections on the display board OR the control board could be at fault for this.  I had the same problem on mine but it would go out at an unknown time after I left and would usually be off when I arrived at the location.  When the board got changed out as the machine was upgraded, the problem went away.  I'm not sure if they changed out the display board too.  It would be difficult to determine if the problem was your display, the harness, or the control board without having at LEAST a spare display board.  I doubt the problem would be with the harness though.

If it was anything like my problem, the display works perfectly when you open the door, but the display goes in and out if you jiggle the harness.

Try playing with the harness to see if ti seems loose on the display, and see if the display goes in and out.  I don't know how you can tell based off of the serial number but the Bevmax 4 has a different control board than the previous models I believe.  If you can find out which board is in it, someone might be able to tell you about which version it is, but I cannot.

Then it is a bevmax 3 electronically, but that won't tell you if the machine was originally a bevmax 1 or bevmax 2.  I believe, if the refrigeration deck "cover" below the 5th tray is slanted back, then it's at least a bevmax 2.  If it's completely vertical, then it's a bevmax 1.  That only matters if you ever need to do refrigeration work though.

It sounds like others have had more experience with true board problems, but in my experience this was caused by the connection to the display panel being loosened over time as the door was opened and closed.  Make sure your connections are good - mine reached a point where the machine display would go off and come back on randomly.

If this machine has a slave snack machine attached and early software. This symptom has been seen, just because the menu for the snack is in the software does not mean it will work.

Also a bad keypad with a stuck clear key will make display go blank.

Walta

Archived