Vending Security Cages and Other Protective Hardware

fhamann

Hello,

I just acquired a high volume account, but it is located in a crime infested area, and the machine is outside of the building.  The snack machine is in a cage, and I am going to put a soda machine there also, but I need a cage, or some other hardware to protect my soda machine. The soda machine is only worth about $500 but the cages I see for sale cost $500.  Is there a cheaper solution?  What do you recommend?  I have seen on other machines, various hasps and metal plates that slide over the tubular locks and metal plates that protect the bill validator.  Where can this hardware be purchased? Is this hardware easily installed?

regards,
Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

There are Vendo 720 Vmax machines that the bottlers used that had several security features on them.  They had reinforced top hinges, a bar that protruded through the bottom of the door on the lock side for a hockey puck lock, a lexan panel that covered the selection panel and a T-handle locking assembly that used another hockey puck lock.  It is smart to add another hasp to the upper part of the lock side for a hockey puck lock as well.  These machines should be plentiful now as the bottlers shed their old assets.  There are multiple machine rebuilders and resellers in SoCal so you should not have trouble finding one.  

However, I would recommend you put a cage around any machine you put outside in this area.  Invest the money because this isn't a business you can do on the cheap.  You have to spend money to make money.  If the investment in this account is too great then don't take the account.

One important thing to note - no security system is perfect, and if the bad guys have enough time to attack the target they will get in; usually doing more damage than the value of what they steal.  Extra hasps, locks, and cages are important but if the location is too isolated they are not much help.  Is this a location that could succeed with a cashless only machine?  No money inside with prominent signage to that effect may be the best security.

Archived