Vendo 407 compressor/fan work, but no power to door components

bairdo3

I have a vendo 407 soda machine. Went to restock it today and noticed the bill validator and coin mech had no power, nor was the screen on front of the machine on. However, the fan and compressor were working as they should. I checked the fuse and it was good. I did notice that when I shut machine off and turned it back on, the coin mech kicked some coins out and/or would make a kicking noise. Is this problem the result of a bad coin mech or board?? Not sure where to start. Please help.

Sounds more like a cabling problem. If the mech got power momentarily when you shut the door, check the cabling at the bottom of door between the door and cabinet for loose/pinched/broken wires. Also check the door switch is working electrically.

I had a couple Royals with a similar problem where the leads were loose on the transformer or whatever the part is (relay?).  If you DO mess with any leads, do yourself a favor and unplug the machine first!!!

Except if the machine is unplugged he won't know which harness is causing the problem as he moves them.  Take each harness from below the cabinet into the door and carefully move them looking for any signs of life.  If the coin mech issue happens when the door gets closed then look at the door and see if there are any signs of power in various open positions.  It sounds like either a broken wire inside insulation or a loose connection.

Ok. I did however check the connections of everything that I could get to without tools and everything seemed fine. Would a bad coin mech cause this problem? Cause Ive had a few minor problems with it in the past.

I'm not familiar with the Vendo 407.  I was under the impression that it was a single price machine.  No power to the coin mech AND the validator usually indicates a bad control board or a disconnected power wire or blown fuse... basically, anything that connects it all together.  Even in single price machines, a bad coin mech usually won't make power go off to the validator.  I suppose the transformer could be bad but I have literally never had to change one out in a soda machine, and only once in a snack machine.

And whats odd to me is sometimes, (but only sometimes) when i turn machine off and then back on, the coin mech shoots out 40 cents in the coin return, but doesnt do anything else. What would that indicate other than a loose wire?(which i have not seen) Transformer maybe?

Have you tried a new coin mech yet?  You still haven't given us definitive details of your machine.  Do you have a logic board in it? What coin mech and validator are in it?  If it's a logic board machine, pull the metal cover off the board and see if the plastic standoffs behind it are broken.  The board could be shorting out.

Board is a VEC 5.1, coin mech is a mars TRC-6010XV, validator is also a mars. And I have not tried a new coin mech, thats the first thing I was going to replace, however was told everything else should work even with a bad coin mech.

I pulled the cover off it, everything seemed in its place and nothing noticeably wrong. Fuse is good also.

I had a 5.1 board short out recently because of a broken standoff. If that's the casr, you'll see a fried strip of metal that was blown where the power comes in.  A blown board will shut everything else down.

So i replaced the coin mech, still not working and occassionally still spits out 40 cents when i turn machine on. All the wires/board, coin mech, and vaildator have power with a tester when the switch is on, so I have no idea what it could be.  Almost acting like a bad fuse, however the one fuse i do see is fine and see no other fuses. Please help.

Archived