cold food vending

jwalton

I am going to be making the leap into cold food, I know there is a lot more problems to deal with in cold food, but we are going to start targeting blue collar factories.  Does anyone have a good recommendation for carousel style machines?  I am most interested in using AMS but they are a little pricier, and have found a lot of carousel machines for reasonable prices.

• 2 weeks later...

The best solution I've found for cold food is getting 1 or 2 conversion shelves for a dn5591. This gives you the cold food big locations will demand without dedicating an entire machine to it. My experience is that people want to have the option of cold food but generally won't actually buy it unless the prices are nearly cost. Additionally, with a carousel people look for the newest product, with a conversion shelf they're forced to buy what's in front.

The best solution I've found for cold food is getting 1 or 2 conversion shelves for a dn5591. This gives you the cold food big locations will demand without dedicating an entire machine to it. My experience is that people want to have the option of cold food but generally won't actually buy it unless the prices are nearly cost. Additionally, with a carousel people look for the newest product, with a conversion shelf they're forced to buy what's in front.

It looks great , where do you get these shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, falls said:

The 5591 actually has a health guard system built into it's programming if that's something you'd worry about

Yep, remember that the 5591 had a milk vendor configuration offered, thus the board will have a health timer 

The 5591 is the worst “food machine “ever sold.

1 The refer unit is controlled with a mechanical cold control  getting it adjusted so it never gets below freezing and never gets over 42° will require several trips to the machine.

2 When you load the machine with 150 bottles soda of 90° soda from your truck you close the door of the machine if it fails to get the temperature in the machine below 42° within 30 minutes the it will go out of order with a health error. (note the refer unit in this machine is to small to pass this test). Then what will you do throw out the food or reset the error and sell the questionable product?

3 The baffle in the delivery bin is opened by the weight of the product. The one piece rubber baffle is great for soda but too heavy for food items to open. The multi part baffle made for food is often damaged by soda bottles.

Walta

Archived