Vendo M&M cold machine problems

Vendo outdoor M&M machine has problems. The display won't work, bill acceptor is blinking twice which says it is disabled, coin mech won't work. New mother board and new display. I am guessing I need to send the bill acceptor in to be rebuilt. It is 110V, do I need a 110V coin mech also? The coin mech says 24V on it. Machine used to work but quit one day. Help please

My guess is the problem is the vend sensor. Photo eye across the delivery chute.

It seems very unlikely that a BA fault would shut down the display.

Try the machine with the BA disconnected.

Walta

Check the interlock switch activated by the outer door and mounted to the plate just left of the delivery chute.   This switch has a plunger between two "blades" and is on a metal tab that's only held to the plate with one screw.  Oftentimes the switch gets pushed away, deeper into the cabinet, instead of the switch standing it's ground and allowing the plunger to be pushed in.  If this is the case you can test it by pressing the plunger with a screwdriver and seeing if the display and all else now works.  You can actually slide a small screwdriver down into the "blades" of the switch to hold the switch closed.  If that fixes it then drill a hole in the opposite end of the switch plate and secure it with a second screw.  I've had to perform this fix on many of those machines.

PS: The stupid thing about these machines is that the coin mech is 24v but the validator must always be 120v.  Just FYI.

I will check the chute sensors, it is a new mother board, the switches are working fine I think, I was having to push them in with the door open to see if things would light up. The coin mech just runs coins right through, and nothing happens when I push service mode button because display is out! Anyhow, I will mess that switch again, should display be on at all times? Thanks for responses

The display is only on when the logic board has power.  This is the model I'm referring to.  Is this yours or do you have a 12 selection machine?  This is a Vendo MVC600.  In re-reading your first post I just realized that the validator has power so your problem is not the door switch but the missing 24v to the logic board.  There is a 4A Slo Blo fuse in the power harness between the transformer and the power input on the lower left corner of the board.  Trace the power harness backwards from the board toward the transformer.  The fuse might be in the bottom of the door inside a rubber cover over the harness connections held on with wire ties for water protection.  If the fuse is found outside that rubber cover and it ohms out okay then slide the rubber cover off and see if one of the harnesses has come loose inside it.  

Image result for vendo mm machine

3 minutes ago, Oasis Vending said:

will any 4A fuse work?

If you are lucky, yes, but a slow blow fuse is preferred as it will not blow on instantaneous current draw, but on a sustained high current (usually a sign of a fault).

By the way the vend sensors won't disable any hardware, but tell the board they are blocked or not functioning, which causes the board to place the machine out of service and scroll a message that says "out of service". I've had sensors blocked by spider webs on occasion.

I think the problem is the fuse/plastic fuse holder thing that the power goes into, when I mess with it I can hear something happen electrically, like it wants to work then stops, where can I buy a fuse and fuse holder? There is power to the fuse

A new fuse and holder has given me the display but it appears to kill the power to the bill acceptor. If I take the fuse out then the bill acceptor gets power again. When I say power, I mean that the red light on the bill acceptor flashes twice, put the fuse in and no flash

Yes, when you push the selection buttons it show prices on the display or says make another selection. This is suppose to be a new board or rebuilt at least. I read the manual and when the door is open you hit that little button on the board to go to service mode but it doesn't do anything. Maybe I will take the board off again and reconnect everything again

25 minutes ago, Oasis Vending said:

you push the selection buttons it show prices on the display or says make another selection

If it is saying "make another selection" the machine is not resetting correctly. It should clear any selection failure errors when the door is closed. 

Have you checked that the door switch is working electrically ( the one on top, with no shielding) The shielded switch with the black plastic shield is the door power switch - supposedly to isolate power from the door when it is opened, in reality mine seems to isolate the lights and cooling deck.)

• 2 weeks later...

Try wiring those motors to other selection wires on top of the racks and see if the problem is the motor or the logic board/programming.  If wires from another motor don't reach the bad one then you'll need to remove the bad ones to get them connected to other wires for testing.

Archived