T-handle stuck

T-handle stuck on drink machine. I had to pry it out and twist it in order to get it open. It doesn't seem to be sticking out far enough and when I twist it closed the door

Is not closed right enough. I attached some pictures from the inside. Is the t handle just worn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your outside spring is not touching the coin casting. Either that spring is broken or the inside spring or retaining ring is broken or the ring is out of it's slot.  Pull off the outside retaining ring and slide the handle assy out from the front to see what's going on.  Post a photo of the assy after it's pulled out but not taken apart.

E clip inside the t-handle is broken and/or missing. Should be easy fix. Remove clip that you can see, slide assembly out from the front. You'll see a groove that needs a clip. You can almost see it in the picture. It is where the screw portion gets thiick. It's hidden by the spring in the pic. Just take the one you remove to a hardware store and match it up.

If you look at your picture, when you pull on the screw rod the threads move. The e-clip acts like the head of a bolt. Not allowing that movement. This allows the screw rod to pull the door closed. With out the clip the rod screws in to the nut but doesn't really pull the door properly.

Archived