Newer DN 3800 stops cooling

VPDXNW

Hi there, I'd love some help with this.  This machine is new as of January, 2017.  Twice in the past week the card reader has said offline by vendor, it won't take money by credit cards or cash, and isn't cooling.  We go into service mode, hold the two white door buttons in and we can hear the refrigeration start and the machine  working.  Has anyone had this issue, and if so, can you tell me what part is needed?

Thanks so much!  Rob

The card reader may be losing the cell signal.  Do an RSSI test and see if you get 12 or more. The compressor issue might just be an intermittent interlock switch.  If the compressor goes off while the condenser fan keeps running then it has a bad compressor or there might be a bad low pressure switch in the freon line if this is that new a machine.  

A bad door switch would explain everything IF the display is showing that it is no longer in sales mode when everything is off.  That's about the only thing that I can think of that would allow everything to turn off like you mention.  Perhaps try checking the connections to the switches and/or replace the switches.  Also, make sure that the switches will be fully depressed with the door closed.  I can't imagine them not being depressed all the way but I CAN imagine a faulty door switch causing all kinds of chaos... However, I don't know how two separate switches are affected.  It's a really odd situation.  It's almost like the switches are being reversed.

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts.  I'm thinking that it's probably a faulty door switch, which I will try replacing first.  Hopefully that will solve the problem.  We have a snack machine right next to it that also takes cards so it would be unlikely that it's a faulty card reader.

Archived