I feel like you guys are using really low numbers

questionmark693

So I'm new to this forum, and I'm sorry in advance for breaking any customs or whatnot. But you guys quote numbers low af. We run arcade machines and bulk vending in half a dozen locations, and where you guys quote $20 a head for buulk vending, we easily get $50+. That's our low end. We're located in Montana, so I know we don't have some magic high traffic location you guys don't have.

So the question I have, is why am I seeing this discrepancy? Because I want to take advice from you guys and learn from your experience, but it feels like a lot of members here don't expect this industry to make money anymore, despite what I see at the company I work for.

We have two seven head bulk racks that do that. 2 20 head gumball racks that do 5-600 a piece. A four head that does about 300. In addition, wehave only one arcade machine out of about five dozen that does less than 2-300 a month. I'm not trying to anger anybody or say anything said is untrue...but my experience is incredibly different than those shared on this site.

Yes, your experience is much different than mine for sure!! I do not doubt what you are saying. But no one here is giving false low numbers. "to keep others out of the business etc ect"  I think your company has some great locations. They have been carefully selective also.

We definitely are selective, we make sure locations have the right demographic before approaching them. To reiterate, I do believe you, I'm just really confused; if I were in a big city it would make more sense I guess.

I know a few people that have very good businesses that have been fortunate to "control" a market. They have been able to dominate and don't bother with "B" or less locations. Most (especially newbies) have "B" or or lesser stops. So I think that explains the difference in income. Now does that mean you won't make money on B or C locations? Of course not, you can make great money ( profit) but your business process is very much different than a business with only A locations.

Will a small operator get some A locations? yes. But the majority will be lesser.

Yep my experience so far is what was said. I have three of the same grocery stores in three different cities. They're not a huge chain so they don't get the foot traffic that a Kroger or Safeway or Walmart would get. But my biggest store does way better numbers than the smallest one. If all I did was target places similar to get those great numbers, it would take a while to get a route going.

My question to you is, how many new locations you guys getting a month, and how long did it take to get those locations you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, questionmark693 said:

We have half a dozen locations, and an on the cuff estimate is 60000 gross monthly between them all. Before percentages, cost of goods, etc. But we us far more arcade machines than we do bulk vending machines.

i saw in one of your other posts that you have one restaurant that accounts for about $30K of that $60K monthly. Definitely a powerhouse account. Are you guys running primarily redemption games or video games in that restaurant?  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived