Is there a way to disable just the cooling on cold food vending machines?

Hello, I have a rowe 548 and I was wondering if there was a way to shut off the cooling mechanism and just turn it into a vending machine which has a rotating turret. There's no option to just shut off the cooling because it seems the machine is set to shut off if the health sensor is compromised or above a threshold, so I'm wondering if there's a work around even if it involves soldering or buying some mod part.

There is no way to do that because the health safety system is built into the logic board and will disable the machine if the temp goes above 42 deg for more than 5 minutes.  It's all electronic.  What are you planning to vend from it?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there not some method or apparatus I can use to give the logic board a certain volt reading? From my understanding, the sensor would detect it's 42 degrees and then send .42V. Is there a way I can trick the logic board into thinking it's constantly 42 degrees?

From reading the manual it has an "electronic digital thermometer". You need to work out if it is self powered and at what voltage.

If it's only a 2 wire cct it is probably changing resistance by temperature, and can probably be replaced with a variable resistor.

If the sensor board is powered externally and there is a 2 wire 'control' cct to the board (the .42 V you mention) you will need to add a voltage splitter including the variable resistor . Vin and Vout will determine the values of the resistors.

vr.jpg

Archived