Need some help on adding cc to Wittern 3184

Posted earlier that I had an account that wants NEW machines (competitor is promising the world - I have old Vendos & AP 6600"s in there)

No issues with service, stales or machines down - they just want new golpher.

Found these on CL - New Old Stock Wittern 3183 & 3184 - in the crates, not refurb, new - by serial number looks like 2005 & 2006 build dates.

$1500 + dude threw in appliance dollies (not a vending guy, cleaning up an estate)

So these have Ivend and DEX - technically the are 'new' - but they need credit card capabilities.

What is the best way to get this done?  

No punch outs that I see for cc - probably need the one that takes bills & cc?

abc

wittern.jpg

dolly.jpg

That is an excellent find!!!

Firstly, about adding CC readers... I am about 90% certain that those machines are MDB-ready and, aside from being tested to make sure everything works, are ready for a CC reader.

The first problem is deciding WHERE to mount the reader.  You have two options: drill a spot and mount it OR use a CC bezel that replaces the regular validator bezel and  connects to a telemeter.  Getting the bezel will cost you more, but won't require drilling.  I prefer having a separate reader.  You can probably mount the reader above the validator.  I believe there is space up there to mount something but you'll have to open it up and double check.

Now.. you didn't ask about this but I really recommend you do a lot of testing on the validators since they haven't been used for so long.  They both appear to be coincos with the one on the right looking like it is a Coinco BA while the one on the left is either a Mag or a Bill Pro.  The machine on the left should have a good validator in it regardless.  The one on the right though, if it is a Coinco BA, I really recommend replacing it with a Mars vn 2502/2512 OR a 2702/2712, as long as they accept $5's or higher.  After thoroughly testing the coin mech, validator, drop sensor, and motors, you'll be ready to make money.  Those are very good machines in my opinion and I think you'd be MUCH better off replacing those AP's ASAP.  With $5 acceptance + CC technology, in addition to having two brand-new-looking machines, your sales should see a pretty quick and steady spike in sales.  That's what I think anyway.  I also believe you should strongly consider (if you haven't already) raising prices at least a dime on soda and some other low-priced items, and make the CC reader two-tier priced.  People won't like the price increase, but they'll be much happier using machines that take their money, give their change, and have a drop sensor.

As long as the machine is definitely MDB (the coin mech is probably a 9302-gx), then all you need is the CC reader kit.  You can get brand new g10's from USATechnology for roughly $300.

I've put readers in machines identical to these.  On some I've mounted the standard reader above the display, drilling the holes and mounting it right to the face.  (If you drill holes tape a piece of paper above the display so metal shavings don't fall behind it.)

On others I've use and MEI CC mask.  Either way works well.  I don't like drilling machines so the mask is my preference.

I have drilled and mounted on some USI machines before, it's not difficult, the reader may even fit between the validator and the glass if you are careful.  The mask is a really nice option, if you call USAT I know they offer the MEI mask as an option instead of the regular card reader, so you can get that as a package when you buy the telemeter.  I don't know if they have masks available for Coinco as an option but they are available somewhere...

i purchased the same 4 wide a few days ago and have the same problem.  There doesnt seem to be enough space to mount above the display.  I am thinking of mounting behind the coin mech.  

Looks like there is room behind the mech for wires & such....was thinking the about the same place for a stand alone unit.

Really interested in the CC masks/bezels - but don't really want to have to swap out validator if I don't have to....

The 4 wide has a BP4SX - looks like I could find a mask on Fleabay, but then still need to work with USAT or someone for the modem - need to call USAT and see how this works.

Payrange is tempting - pretty much a closed environment and quite a few millennials milling about, think adoption would be pretty smooth..

ABC

Archived