Round Beaver Vs. Southern Beaver

Diesel

Hello all, I'm getting ready to get my vending business off the ground but I obviously need to get some machines first. Right now I'm going back and forth between Oak and Beaver. I gave up on NW after numerous unreturned phone calls and emails. I like the refurbished Oak Vistas, and I'm liking the round Beaver and the southern Beaver. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of either? To start off we are going to be vending gumballs first and eventually add more products if the market is there. I'd like to be able to have the option to add the plate to put 2 machines on one stand eventually  I know there is a big price difference between the refurbished Oak and the new Beavers, but any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, bill said:

Buy some used machines. That's why Northwestern, A&A and oak no longer make machines. China, China or Beaver.

So is Oak no longer in Business either? I've called both Oak and Beaver and neither one have returned my calls or emails. It's getting very discouraging. 

Oak is still in business but they only sell refurbished machines at this time. They are slow getting back to people sometimes. Take a look at Eagle ( http://www.eagleemc.com/#!__machines) as well. They are great machines and most of their parts are interchangeable with Oak machines. I agree with Bill when he tells you to buy used locally if possible. If there is nothing used available then Eagle is a cost effective new machine alternative.

Keep in mind, these companies have been shrinking for some time now. Bulk vending isn't a growing industry. Northwestern was working with a skeleton crew for awhile before they finally sold to NEN.

Used is the way to go, especially starting out. I've been vending for almost 2 years with almost 200 locations and have yet to buy a new machine. You just have to be patient and keep your eyes peeled for good deals. 

Buy oaks and eagles. The only thing that u have to change to go from selling gumballs to selling 1.1" acorn capsules is to remove the pacman riser. NW machines are an entirely different setup between the two. Im not sure how easy it is to swap on a beaver. But it seems to be much easier to find decent priced oaks than decent beavers. And beaver bodies are plastic from what ive heard. Oaks are all metal except the globe/plexiglass panels.

Archived