Machine Colors

laip51

Our best location re-decorated building and says to come back. We had Vendo 721 and Crane 113 installed. We cannot believe the problem we now have. The Top Gun says "those are the ugliest machines he has ever seen" and wants gray color to match new painting!!  In addition he found photos of some Seaga Office Delis.  Because of the value of this account, with some difficulty, we could live with two of these.  In spite of the well know "junk" reputation, we have a couple of these installed that are doing well, but we want better.   We have searched and can locate Crane 147 gray snack but can't find a matching drink machine.  If we keep explaining the difficulties, client might go to another vendor that works t something out.  Any help appreciated.  If there is any such, I would like to enter this conundrum in the list of dumbest demands. 

Like LA said, GTP has platinum wraps now to match the new crane media machines.... or you can use their free design service to custom design a package for the location that can match their colors, add their name or logo, almost anything (as long as it's not copyrighted to someone else!).  They also have machine headers that look nice.  If the account is worth an investment in machines, the wraps might be a worthwhile add, and if you show them a professional design from their service he should be impressed....

I was aware of this source and is ok for National 147 but no Vendos.  Need to find appropriate substitute for drink machine that will allow credit card mod.  I have done a couple of 147 CC mods.

Besides telling the Top Gun to F off, the Crane Bev 4 is available in a grey cabinet or at least a grey front.  You may then still need to paint or GTP the sides with grey.  You can also GTP the Vendo sides with grey and paint the black metal fronts to grey. Some accounts just don't deserve to have any vending machines because they are a-holes.  

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

Besides telling the Top Gun to F off, the Crane Bev 4 is available in a grey cabinet or at least a grey front.  You may then still need to paint or GTP the sides with grey.  You can also GTP the Vendo sides with grey and paint the black metal fronts to grey. Some accounts just don't deserve to have any vending machines because they are a-holes.  

Lol! Nailed it!

I had a similar experience with a new location. Put the machine in, and the boss man says later, it is big, black, ugly and noisy. At no time during our meetings beforehand had he mentioned a colour requirement, but had grey in mind from machines at another location.

It ended up in a painful experience of us waiting three months for a new, grey-coloured machine to be imported, and there being a mix up and our machine not arriving in the container and the distributor re-spraying a machine he had in stock. It was a very bodgy spray job that I wasn't happy with and there was sticky residue left (by the spray painter maybe?) on the door seal that I had to spend ages rubbing off. I do not want to repeat that experience.

The good news, though, is that it is a valuable account and is topping my per-machine turnover for the year so far.

I had another venue for my amusements business remodel and want a particular colour pool table back in. I knew it's also a good site so accommodated the request. I think you need to make that judgement. In my cases, I have known they would be good sites. If you don't think it is a worthwhile site, then take AZ's advice and tell them where to go.

The problem with this situation is...it was our top location.  I believe if no further complications, I will try one of our collision centers for an automotive quality paint job on the 113 or 147 and the 721.  Glad to hear a lucky somebody in this business can tell a top location to jam it.

You could upgrade an AP snack with a new electronic front door. They come in gray or black. It also would be like having a new machine. $1200 though plus labor, although the switch is suppose to be pretty straight forward. Doors are available for 4 and 5 rows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived