Refurbing AP 6600's - UCB & new val & mech?

I have three AP 6600's (two of the deep ones, one shallow) that are coming off of location (swapping out with new equipment)

These machines are in fundamentally good shape - they look like they all have black tuff-fronts or something similar on them.

They are all running 110v bill validators and mechs - so not MDB?  Two of the them have the MEI 2500 vals & 1 has VFM3 - think they all have TRC-6000 mechs.

I have places to locate these, but kind of want to get them updated - single spiral 4 wide - how much to invest?  New Universal boards and MDB mechs & validators?

Is there an affordable option to  upgrade the key pad's on these? - really the thing on them that dates them the most, they are getting booted out of the current account not because of performance but because of appearance they look too "old".

I know about the revision doors, rather just keep the oem door and maybe upgrade the keypad along with internals?

Or maybe sell em on CL and look for more new stuff....

ABC

I don't think you can update the keypad. You can replace plastic buttons but you'll only really be restoring it. The revision door will include a new keypad though. 

To get a new board, drop sensors,  mdb mech and val, you're looking at over $650.  $1350 if you use the revision door. 

Sorry, Im not trying to hijac
k thi s post, but........

I have a usi 3158 it doesn't have a drop sensor installed. Its MDB and Dex capable. Is this something that I could just add? Attached is a picture of the board, best i can tell a drop sensor could plug into the top left connector. Unless im just up in the nite. Thank you8251ef8b09ab89859d2c1ccd668d726f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived