Tools for the trade

Screwdriver set, primarily standard size Phillips and flathead in addition to one narrow screwdriver for coin jams. A whole set is useful.

Deep socket set with ratchet AND a socket drive. I have an extendable socket driver with a deep/extended socket set. Between that and a screwdriver with 4 different interchangeable tips, those do about 90% of my repairs. 

Scissors are useful.

Pliers.

That's probably all you need.

Maybe a swear jar.

For spares, you should always have a spare validator and changer on board your truck.  If all of your machines are the same (pretty rare situation) then you could look at other spare parts like vend motors, but for the most part your problems will be with payment systems.

5 hours ago, Technivend said:

An SAE nut driver set with a hollow shaft is a must. Wouldn't be caught without it.

I have never needed any nut drivers since I bought my deep socket set.  The great thing about the sockets is that I can use either my extendable driver (which uses the sockets) or I can use my ratchet (very rarely I need this).  I have never had a problem this way!

Window cleaner/paper towels, a can of compressed air, food grade silicon and a flashlight. An extendable magnet for when the nuts fall behind the coin box seems to come in quiet handy for me, too. 

10 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I have never needed any nut drivers since I bought my deep socket set.  The great thing about the sockets is that I can use either my extendable driver (which uses the sockets) or I can use my ratchet (very rarely I need this).  I have never had a problem this way!

I magnetized my hollow shaft nut driver set and use a 9 volt drill to help speed things up. I don't lose any nuts at all. 

3 minutes ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Why the silicon?

Lubrication. Don't use wd 40. On royal machines a little pam cooking spray helps with bridging bottles. 

16 hours ago, CajunCandy said:

I magnetized my hollow shaft nut driver set and use a 9 volt drill to help speed things up. I don't lose any nuts at all. 

That's amazing.  How much do you need to run through them to magnetize them? I have never magnetized anything.

10 hours ago, AngryChris said:

That's amazing.  How much do you need to run through them to magnetize them? I have never magnetized anything.

Brother is a mechanic by trade!

He has magnetizer  tool from a snap-on truck, the more you pass it a tool the stronger the tool holds!

I can pick up small bolts with my #2 fillip screw driver! 

Just finished all my accounts. And all I gotta say is the vending world issued me several "welcome to the big leagues" moments! Very exciting to collect some cash though after spending money nonstop for two weeks in preparation! I got lucky because my machines came stocked with change and about 60% full on average!

Archived